MedievalMan's Online chat game

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Hywaywolf

MedievalMan's Online chat game

Post by Hywaywolf »

So the game is a blast even though my PCs have died the last two times we played. So this thread is to keep track of the game and such. First order of business is that I think we should try to set a regular night (or nights) to game instead of picking the next night at the end of each game night. I am not apposed to more than one night a week since starting at 10 pm is really good for me since most of my daily responsibilities are done by then.

So, with the knowledge that some games will have to be changed due to currently unknown events, what night is good for everyone. I am good with nearly any night except saturday.
MedievalMan

Re: MedievalMan's Online chat game

Post by MedievalMan »

I agree with setting up times ahead of time. Because of my own busy schedule I forgot to tell Steve what time we were playing the other night. I am honestly ashamed of that. :(

In other news I think the adventure I chose is just a tad too difficult, it seems more like a 2-3 level adventure rather than a 1st level one. I have dug a few other adventures that are more appropriate for 1st level characters and will be seeding them next session. Maybe after gaining some loot and a level or two we could attempt the goblin mines again.

Also I liked the RPing going on at the beginning of last session, I think it would be cool to see more of that.

EDIT:

I am good every night, if things come up I will let you guys know.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

The adventure isn't too tough. We just got unlucky when Oypan was hit with 3 20's at one time and then blocked the door. Even then the party still had 4 healthy members. They could have easily questioned and killed the two prisoners and then kept exploring the dungeon. My replacement PC was nearly already rolled up and ready to rejoin them. And when the party was ambushed on teh way back to town they should have either ran or stood and fought, instead, they stood and fault and then some ran, LOL. I mean the first night we took out 11 bad guys without breaking a sweat with only 3 party members. The place isn't that hard we have just been victims of bad luck and poor choices (ie: artest the stupid's intelligence driven race in and fight when the others thought we were waiting to see what happens.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I agree, a lot of bad luck turned a simple guard room into a meat grinder. I would still advocate exploring some side missions, maybe get some easier XP and loot before attempting the goblin mine again. So whatever you guys decide to do I will still drop the hooks I have ready next session.

But with that one room out of the way you should be having an easier time of it, at least I hope so. The adventure gets deadlier the further on it goes.
xav++

Post by xav++ »

Yea side missions would be nice. I'd almost like it an hour earlier. I had to stay up till like one thirty last night and three days a week I have work at 7:00 lol so we gotta figure that out
Droyson Fillif Level 3 cleric
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

We could try to start at 6 Pacific, but 7 seems to have been working for most people. I dunno its up to you guys.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Yeah, I'm having a blast as well. I was just bugging you, MM, about it being a higher level adventure.

I'm fairly flexible as far as schedules go although Friday would probably be my first choice. The current time works great for me as it's 8:00 local time which means I can get the kids into bed before we start and not have any interruptions. Now, that being said, I can definitely sympathize with you guys further east so if you want to try starting earlier I'm willing to try. There just may be a few more interruptions and brbs during that first hour. ;)

As far as frequency, once a week is great for me. If there was a second night that worked for everyone, I could definitely handle 2 nights a week, but that would probably be about my wife's limit. :P

Do we want to try scheduling something through Google calendar or something similar? Does everyone have Google calendar?
I just did a quick search and came up with a couple of alternative scheduling sites -
http://www.keepandshare.com/htm/calenda ... lendar.php
http://www.zoho.com/calendar/
http://doodle.com/
Does anything there look feasible?
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I could do two nights a weeks if anyone wants to try. Though I am trying to keep my gaming schedule open, I need time to run a test game, and would probably take up the same time slot.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I like it at 10pm. I get my son into bed around 9 or 9:30, the rest of the house quiets down and no one needs any thing from me. I am a night owl so staying up till 1 or 2 in the morning doesn't bother me.
Steveman

Post by Steveman »

Personal preference, if only because I do most of my working in the evening, is once a week for games. Spending too often on a specific game leads me to get burnt out fast.

also, please remind me the day of for the next scheduled game.
Characters:
Himamura Jin (Night Wizard; Level 6 Great One/Level 1 Caster)
Benjamin d'Aide (BFRPG; level 5 cleric of the virtue of Sacrifice) - recurring hireling turned pseudo-DMPC