Unofficial Revolt (Discord alternative) Server Being Built By My Hands (Now Deleted)

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Neigdoig

Unofficial Revolt (Discord alternative) Server Being Built By My Hands (Now Deleted)

Post by Neigdoig »

This link (https://app.revolt.chat/invite/rEqs7XEP) will take you to an unofficial server for this game that's currently being built by me. I already made a post wondering if people knew about Revolt, the Discord alternative I use. I thought I could let people try it out with this server, assuming they're already familiar with Discord. Note that there are a few things different from Discord, but it does have the look and feel without telemetry. And yes, it's AGPL-3 licensed.

This is part of my quest to only use FOSS for whatever purposes suit me best, with a few exceptions if there isn't a FOSS alternative readily available.

If you have any questions or comments about it, feel free to PM me, or post here. I'll answer them whenever I can.
Last edited by Neigdoig on Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demetrius

Re: Unofficial Revolt (Discord alternative) Server Being Built By My Hands

Post by Demetrius »

I've tried joining and it's empty for me. I don't see anything, I only see the list of openable things to the left ("Rules", "Annoucements", "General", "Community"), but when I try to open any of them, it has no content. And the right panel, where the text should go, is completely empty.

I've never used Revolt before so I'm not sure if it's something on my side or not.
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

I had already changed roles for you, Demetrius. I have to do this manually, just like on my other server. You should see everything now.

Also, that's because this server is being built from the ground up, so it will take a little bit to get everything ready.
Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

Neigdoig wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:14 pm I had already changed roles for you, Demetrius. I have to do this manually, just like on my other server. You should see everything now.
I'm afraid nothing has changed for me :roll:
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

Try leaving and rejoining. I'll change your position once you return.
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

Quick update for y'all.

I hadn't updated the server in a while, since only one had joined, and I was having some issues getting him set up properly. It turned out that Revolt is under a DDoS attack, and they're currently getting it fixed. The service had just reached 100,000 users, getting a boatload of them within the past 72 hours.

Edit: The DDoS had been subsided, and Revolt is back to normal activity.