Progress on TS1 Concept: The Battle of Styromach

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Neigdoig

Progress on TS1 Concept: The Battle of Styromach

Post by Neigdoig »

Is anyone interested in doing PVP in a tournament setting, or to help players learn about combat in BFRPG? I ask, because I decided to work on another module to tide me over from writing Letter of Corruption, which is my adventure I finished writing Playtesting releases of recently.

This module will be designed, as mentioned, for competitive play in tournaments, or just as a teaching tool for those newer to BFRPG and it's mix of B/X, BECMI and/or 3.5e mechanics. I will do things differently for this one, as rather than putting all versions on one centralized post, each update will have a description of what I had done for that update.

Please note that later versions of this module will be on further pages, and not all at once, since I don't like to put all files at once.

Speaking of, for this first release of the module, I wrote down some mechanics I thought would be needed in order to suit tournament play. Nothing too special on that front. Just something for you to critique any way you wish. As with Letter, I will be taking notes of almost every single thing I need to consider in future releases of the module.

Feel free to let me know here, or through PM's on what could be done to add, subtract, revise or clarify for more versions to come, since I want to make this tournament viable (if ever there was a PVP tournament, that is :P)
  • Initial Release
Attachments
The Battle of Styromach r1.odt
(57.66 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Last edited by Neigdoig on Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neigdoig

Re: Progress on TS1 Concept: The Battle of Styromach

Post by Neigdoig »

This release sees rules for table etiquette, as if that needs to be covered in tournament play. Otherwise, nothing too major.
  • Added "Rules of The Table" section
  • Renamed Release versions as Alpha Release, to distinguish from Release and Alpha Release to clear any confusion of this WIP module
  • Re-release of r1, renamed to Alpha Release 1 to clear up any confusion on this module being WIP
Attachments
The Battle of Styromach Alpha r1.odt
(57.62 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
The Battle of Styromach Alpha r2.odt
(58.75 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

This Alpha Release sees 3 new maps added, with the names right above the maps. Also some additions to the rules of Combat and The Table are added in this 3rd Alpha release.
  • Additions of "Rules of Combat" and "Rules of The Table"
  • Addition of 3 maps, the "Free-For-All", "Duel" and "Team" Layouts. All of them made using Mapmatic +1
Attachments
The Battle of Styromach Alpha r3.odt
(120.5 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

After a while of being distracted again, I'm releasing Alpha r4.
  • Revisions and spelling mistake fixes
  • Rules additions and revisions
  • Minor revisions to the Introduction page
Attachments
The Battle of Styromach Alpha r4.odt
(120.99 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

When uploading updated files please always replace the one on the first post, it make it easy to find the latest release.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

Dimirag wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:21 pm When uploading updated files please always replace the one on the first post, it make it easy to find the latest release.
I'd like to kindly ask that you consider referencing my NC1 Concept post, as that was a bit unorganized for my liking. This method allows me to release updates in different posts (because I'm weird about organization), though I don't tend to like convenience. It's alright for me. I had considered that once, but is a mess for me, personally (plus, the 6 file limit in one post is infuriating).

Also, could you link me to the rule that asks for that, or the rules to the Workshop if you have a chance? I can't seem to find that anywhere.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Neigdoig wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:28 pm Also, could you link me to the rule that asks for that, or the rules to the Workshop if you have a chance? I can't seem to find that anywhere.
Not a hard rule, rather a standard practice that is kindly asked instead of simply enforced. It keeps consistency on the posts across the forum and helps people finding and downloading the latest release of the file.

If you want to keep all and every of your previous of releases available for download so be it.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

Dimirag wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:53 pm Not a hard rule, rather a standard practice that is kindly asked instead of simply enforced. It keeps consistency on the posts across the forum and helps people finding and downloading the latest release of the file.

If you want to keep all and every of your previous of releases available for download so be it.
I understand that this is a standard practice, so that's nothing to worry about. I like to keep all versions of my modules available, the latest versions being later in the posts. I should probably do something about that.
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

After too long of a hiatus, I have released a 4th Alpha release of Styromach. This release sees the following:
  • Clarifications to the rules as necessary
  • Edits to the introduction
  • Edits to the licensing information to include the umlauts in my pseudonym
  • Edits to the Title Page
Attachments
The Battle of Styromach Alpha r4.odt
(121.27 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Neigdoig

Post by Neigdoig »

After some errors that I have caught myself, I'm releasing this 5th Alpha Release of Styromach. My apologies for those eager to play the module. Everything is largely the same, with minor edits to boot.
  • Removed fluff where unnecessary
  • Edited the licensing page with the correct version, since r4 didn't have the proper release number
Attachments
The Battle of Styromach Alpha r5.odt
(121.16 KiB) Downloaded 61 times