Obsidian setup for Basic Fantasy 4th ed

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
cyberlinxz

Obsidian setup for Basic Fantasy 4th ed

Post by cyberlinxz »

I have been working on setting up BFRPG 4th ed to Obsidian I have most of it done just need to do the monsters. I have plugin to role for almost all of the tables. Would any one like to use this?

Here is what I have for now I am doing the monster but should have everything else there. I have the plugin folders with it so should have all my plugins. I have not used them all but I do have all of the major TTRPG plugin installed. If you need some help let me know.

In there is also the templates for making items, weapons, armor and monsters. There is also roll-able Tables for treasure. Like I said let me know if there is any thing else you can think of let me know. This is a rough draft so there is a folder that I first worked on and a folder with an adventure to see how it works. But the folder called Basic Fantasy 4th ed is what holds the 4th Ed book. There is only one image that I have in there for the grenade image if I need to take it out let me know.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing v 0.2
Last edited by cyberlinxz on Fri May 12, 2023 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
JugglinDan

Re: Obsidian setup for Basic Fantasy 4th ed

Post by JugglinDan »

I've been using OneNote for organising my games - both the player-facing information and the GM-only stuff. I'd be interested in trying Obsidian though. A number of the plugins look great and I'm already comfortable with Markdown.
I'm also on RPGG
cyberlinxz

Post by cyberlinxz »

I have uploaded the file as is in Google drive learning to place it in Github when I have time to learn how to will do so.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Thanks. I'll check it out over the weekend.
I'm also on RPGG
Mental Elf

Post by Mental Elf »

I've just started learning Obsidian so this sounds fantastic! Will boot up the PC and have a look later.
"I punched a bloke in the face once for saying "Hawk the Slayer" was rubbish. What I should have said is "Dad, you're right, but let's give Krull a try and we'll discuss it later"
- Bilbo Bagshot.
cyberlinxz

Post by cyberlinxz »

I have cleaned it up and uploaded v0.2 with some of the monsters placed in.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Do you need a subscription on Obsidian to use it?
ThorinSchmidt

Post by ThorinSchmidt »

could you give me a nudge on how to install a plugin in Obsidian? I like working with markdown, so this seems kinda neat.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
cyberlinxz

Post by cyberlinxz »

Metroknight wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:35 pm Do you need a subscription on Obsidian to use it?
No obsidian is free to use just download the files open with obsidian and it should work.
cyberlinxz

Post by cyberlinxz »

ThorinSchmidt wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:55 pm could you give me a nudge on how to install a plugin in Obsidian? I like working with markdown, so this seems kinda neat.
Go to settings and turn on the community plugins then search for the plugs in that you want. If you download my basic fantasy for obsidian it should have all of the the ones used to play basic fantasy with it.