Obsidian setup for Basic Fantasy 4th ed

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
ThorinSchmidt

Re: Obsidian setup for Basic Fantasy 4th ed

Post by ThorinSchmidt »

Perhaps I am just dense, but I can't figure out what to do next after downloading the folder...
Last edited by ThorinSchmidt on Sat May 13, 2023 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
ThorinSchmidt

Post by ThorinSchmidt »

Okay, yes I am dense. I figured it out. After finally figuring out where to look for the Vault.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
cyberlinxz

Post by cyberlinxz »

ThorinSchmidt wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:19 am Okay, yes I am dense. I figured it out. After finally figuring out where to look for the Vault.
Glad you figured it out, sorry I missed your message.
:)
ThorinSchmidt

Post by ThorinSchmidt »

After cruising around the project I have a few questions:

1 - where can I find where the layouts are stored?

2 - do the various databases have any functionality in the overall document? Or are they currently WIP?
cyberlinxz

Post by cyberlinxz »

ThorinSchmidt wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:28 pm After cruising around the project I have a few questions:

1 - where can I find where the layouts are stored?

2 - do the various databases have any functionality in the overall document? Or are they currently WIP?
1. the layouts are in the z_template folder and I have the plugin fantasy statblock plugin for the monster statblocks for Items and other are found in the z_template folder. I have it to where items pull up a item template based on the item (ex. weapon, armor, ect.) all you have to do is make a new note in the right folder and it comes up.

2. The database are there just for reference nothing more but I do have the databasejs plugin which allows you to make your own database in the notes but do not have that code placed yet so you have to look it up on how to do that.

I hope that helps let me know.
ThorinSchmidt

Post by ThorinSchmidt »

Yes it did. Thank You
CrouchingPython

Post by CrouchingPython »

Cool! I'm a huge Obsidian fan and newcomer to BF, so I'm jazzed to check this out. Thanks!

EDIT: can't see it listed in community plugins, and the link to the shared folder doesn't seem to work for me.