Magic Item Vault Supplement

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
LibraryLass

Magic Item Vault Supplement

Post by LibraryLass »

Hey gang.

I've spent most of my free time in 2023 quietly obsessing over magic items-- and in particular, miscellaneous/wondrous items. Last weekend I finally reached a point in the process where I had found myself with a list of 100 miscellaneous items, which is of course easy to roll for on a d%, that I felt satisfied with, not feeling like anything was missing or too conceptually isolated. Having done so I now intend to write descriptions for each and every one of them.

The reason I'm posting about it is this seems like a ripe opportunity for something to turn into a supplement, and in general in the past when I've published it's been for either BFRPG or Microlite74. This definitely doesn't seem like a natural fit for the latter. But with the way the magic item table has been revised in the newest edition, do we think such a supplement is suited for the direction BFRPG has moved in?
toddlyons

Re: Magic Item Vault Supplement

Post by toddlyons »

I toyed with the idea of writing a book like this, but never started. In the end, I decided to just pepper the ideas I had into other books I'd write.

If you've already got a list of 100, I would love to see you finish this and publish it here.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

There was the Magic Item Compendium, but its dead, specially since the change into CC and some of the magic item rule changes.

So yes, it surely will be usable, even if it does not fit with the current rules, a magic item is a magic item.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I've got two I would love to add!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Moving this to General Discussion as there are no actual game materials here yet.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

OK my first entry comes with a story, not of the magic item but the item that inspired it. A few years back my oldest son was getting gas when he was approached by a well dressed man. I can't remember the exact story he gave, but basically he was hitting my son up for some gas money. My kid put $20 of gas in for the guy because he's always had a big heart. Well the guy was really thankful and handed my son this gold ring with a scorpion on it as payment. Well he showed me the ring and we both knew it wasn't worth much but I though that ring would be an awesome magic item.

So without further ado the Scorpion Ring.

Scorpion Ring
Head Facing Out: Any weapon damage done by the wearer also does poison.
Head Facing In: Neutralizes any poison in the wearers system while worn.

This is a large gold ring with a stylized outline of a scorpion as a signet.
Attachments
20230318_170730.jpg
20230318_170730.jpg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 556 times
The Dragonclaw Barony
Seven

Post by Seven »

Interesting. I would not think of wearing it facing backwards. Kinda like holding a gun facing the wrong way.

Sounds quite powerful actually. Also sounds exploitable with the ring possibly being swapped and passed around party members.

Cool idea, still.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Seven wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:59 pm Interesting. I would not think of wearing it facing backwards. Kinda like holding a gun facing the wrong way.

Sounds quite powerful actually. Also sounds exploitable with the ring possibly being swapped and passed around party members.

Cool idea, still.
Well that can be done for any magic item.. being passed around I mean. I guess you could always implement attunement slots if that's the case.
The Dragonclaw Barony