#Dungeon23 #CommunityEdition - Level 3 (March)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
coureur_d_bois

Re: #Dungeon23 #CommunityEdition - Level 3 (March)

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Updated master post.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Room 14 - Wider Corridor

***Boxed Text***
While you walk into the corridor, it suddenly enlarges, doubling in width. There doesn't seem to be anything in this portion of the corridor though an awful stench fills your nostrils. The source of this smells appears to be the carcasses and bones of various indistinguishable creatures littering the floor...
***End boxed Text***

Note to GM: This is where the hobgoblins dump all their trash when their lair (see room 15) is too full of it. If inspected, the carcasses and bones will reveal that they belong to animals and humanoids alike. Cutting marks on the bones and on what is left of the flesh indicates that these limbs or organs were likely the ones of creatures that were dismembered to be eaten. Some even appear to have been cooked.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Updated master post.

We are still behind one room (13) and are still looking for two random encounters. Anyone has been feeling inspired lately? :mrgreen:
shaneward

Post by shaneward »

Random encounter.

An ogre in a hallway suffering vicious wounds. A large axe is stuck in his back, it gleams in the torchlight of silver.

Axe is silver+2 against undead and big things.

The ogre was attacked by something from level 4. He wandered off from his tribe in search of food. He has a bag of 9 different teeth on his belt. As well there are 10 silver pieces and a ring worth 80 gp. He has a bloodied club that is bent (-3 to attack and damage).
Check out my little OSR Blog when you have time http://3toadstools.blogspot.ca/
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Updated master post.

We are still missing one random encounter. We are behind two rooms; 13 and 17.
shaneward

Post by shaneward »

Random encounter.
Adventurers hauling loot.

A group of four adventurers hauling large sacks of coins moving towards you in the distance. They are smiling as they grunt and heave the heavy bags.

Save vs spell, this is an illusion created to block the way forward. On the other side of the illusion is four Skeletons of adventurers, a few empty sacks and rusted armour and weapons. All of them are missing one tooth. (See ogre encounter 7).

There is a 2-6 chance that skeletons have a disease. Anyone touching must save vs poison or loose 2 constitution for 1d4 weeks. A cure disease spell will remove it.
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

shaneward wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:01 pm Random encounter.
Adventurers hauling loot.

A group of four adventurers hauling large sacks of coins moving towards you in the distance. They are smiling as they grunt and heave the heavy bags.

Save vs spell, this is an illusion created to block the way forward. On the other side of the illusion is four Skeletons of adventurers, a few empty sacks and rusted armour and weapons. All of them are missing one tooth. (See ogre encounter 7).

There is a 2-6 chance that skeletons have a disease. Anyone touching must save vs poison or loose 2 constitution for 1d4 weeks. A cure disease spell will remove it.
I really dig this.
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
shaneward

Post by shaneward »

Room 17 should probably have a leprechaun
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

shaneward wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:47 am Room 17 should probably have a leprechaun
Good idea. Did you have a cool encounter in mind?
Rik Pease

Post by Rik Pease »

Room 18 is completed.

Room 13 - The Twins

**Boxed Text**
A pair of statues flank the alcove in the east wall of the chamber. The statue to the north has a burning sceptre wreathed in green flame which she holds aloft in her left hand. The statue to the south holds a pitcher from which she pours a red liquid into a large chalice which rests at her feet.
**End Boxed Text**

GM note: The red liquid is a fine wine. If wine from the chalice is used to extinguish the green flame on the sceptre a door appears in the east wall. The door opens away from the room and anyone who steps through it is transported to Room 24 - The Bolt-hole. The door is one way.
The door remains visible until the flame reignites 1d4 rounds later. When the door vanishes the chalice reappears at the feet of the wine pourer and the pitcher begins to pour again.
Extinguishing the flame by any other means will not make the door appear.
Last edited by Rik Pease on Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
That which does not kill you is likely to still hurt alot, so best avoid it if possible.