Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 4th Edition

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Boggo

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 4th Edition

Post by Boggo »

Demetrius wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:47 pm If we're doing this, it might be useful to explain the differences between Darion in the BF1 and in Core Rules: in Core Rules, he picked a shield and this increased his AC.

I was confused at first about why my numbers don't match the example when I was soloing Morgansfort (I did it to learn about the rules better... BTW Darion was killed by striges) :D
Especially odd, since in the intro story, which is in Morgansfort he "raised my shield"
No matter where you go...there you are
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Dimirag wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:43 pm The 4 have their data on the last page of BF1 Morgansfort ;)
And I have their original character sheets.

What I meant was, I have a tidy graphic for Darion's sheet.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Boggo wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:44 pm
Demetrius wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:47 pm If we're doing this, it might be useful to explain the differences between Darion in the BF1 and in Core Rules: in Core Rules, he picked a shield and this increased his AC.

I was confused at first about why my numbers don't match the example when I was soloing Morgansfort (I did it to learn about the rules better... BTW Darion was killed by striges) :D
Especially odd, since in the intro story, which is in Morgansfort he "raised my shield"
Odd? Hah. I'm just sloppy.

Nobody has mentioned this before, in the more than a decade since both were put into print.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:15 pm
Boggo wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:44 pm

Odd? Hah. I'm just sloppy.

Nobody has mentioned this before, in the more than a decade since both were put into print.
thought the story does explicitly say he's been back to town to update his armour, so that gives an out for the shield there :lol:
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

So I have a vague memory of this, but I might be remembering wrong. Several of the animals brought in from EE had "1d4 HP" for their hit dice value; the current accepted text is "½ (1d4 hit points)" and I've changed all of them this morning.

One piece of art away from a Print. Release. Candidate!
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:58 am So I have a vague memory of this, but I might be remembering wrong. Several of the animals brought in from EE had "1d4 HP" for their hit dice value; the current accepted text is "½ (1d4 hit points)" and I've changed all of them this morning.

One piece of art away from a Print. Release. Candidate!
Which one? I thought you were only waiting for the Fairy? which Gabes posted?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Core Rules 4th Edition, Release 112 -- March 20, 2023
Several new art pieces, a very few very small edits, and endless flow-hammering has led to this

PRINT RELEASE CANDIDATE

of the 4th Edition of the Core Rules. YES. This could be it. Check it out now!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#corerules4
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Boggo wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:46 pm Which one? I thought you were only waiting for the Fairy? which Gabes posted?
While waiting for the art from Gabe I noticed room for a small art piece on the Traps page. I offered it to one of the artists specifically but he ultimately couldn't come up with a design he liked, so I offered it in public, and it came in today.

And I posted the Print Release Candidate just now.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

I think my name is missing for the Artwork credits for that last art piece. It's no biggie though, and if there's ever a release 113 you can add it, otherwise I don't mind as I'm already credited for other stuff.
peelseel2

Post by peelseel2 »

Great 4th edition! Wow!

I have one request for 4th edition. Include average treasure values. I have a spreadsheet where I worked those out if needed and could convert to google sheets or another format.

This is very useful to DM's when generating treasure.