SRD Removal Tracker

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
coureur_d_bois

SRD Removal Tracker

Post by coureur_d_bois »

SRD Removal Tracker

The following projects are currently being worked on in order to identify all SRD content. The scope of this post is only to identify and organize the identification process as well as track it.

Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game Core Rules r107 - DONE
  • Priority: Highest
  • Tracker: Link to master post
  • Proofreading: Chiisu82, AlMan <--- Current proofreader
Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game Beginner's Essentials r13 - DONE The Basic Fantasy Field Guide of Creatures Malevolent and Benign r42 - DONE The Basic Fantasy Field Guide, Volume 2 r43 - DONE The Basic Fantasy Monster Index r7
  • Priority: Low
  • Tracker:
The Basic Fantasy Equipment Emporium r25 - DONE
  • Priority: Medium
  • Tracker: Link to master post
  • Proofreading: AlMan, TPFox <--- Current proofreader
BF1 Morgansfort: The Western Lands Campaign r32 - DONE BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower: The Glain Campaign r22 - DONE BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery: The Glain Campaign r45 - DONE JN1 The Chaotic Caves r26
  • Tracker:
JN2 Monkey Isle r21
  • Tracker:
JN3 Saga of the Giants r14
  • Tracker:
AA1 Adventure Anthology One r21
  • Tracker:
AA2 Adventure Anthology Two r34
  • Tracker:
AA3 Adventure Anthology Three r11
  • Tracker:
DC1 Tales From the Laughing Dragon r22
  • Tracker:
CS1 Castle by the Sea r23
  • Tracker:
CS2 The Dark Temple r14
  • Tracker:
SP1 The Endless Tunnels of Enlandin r5
  • Tracker:
KH1 The Blackapple Brugh r16
  • Tracker:
Last edited by coureur_d_bois on Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:52 pm, edited 25 times in total.
coureur_d_bois

Re: SRD Removal Tracker

Post by coureur_d_bois »

With the Core rules and the Field Guide reviewed, what should we work on next? Solomoriah mentioned that he wanted to republish BF1 for 4e, so I think we should be reading through that one next.

BF1 is a little trickier since it's not an actual rules manual. I guess we would need to read through all monster entries, but I am still unsure what would be the most efficient way of doing it.

I also feel like the Equipment Emporium and the Field Guide 2 have some SRD content buried in.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

My recommendation: focus on what's on print, then move to material finished, then the rest.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Dimirag wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:11 pm My recommendation: focus on what's on print, then move to material finished, then the rest.
Thanks for your input. I will be assigning the 'Low' priority to anything that is not available in print then. Anything that is in print automatically has the 'Medium' priority. 'High' will be for stuff that we have all agreed should be that priority.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Note to moderators: This thread has no materials, so would usually be moved. Please leave it. This is such a big project that we need to spread out a bit. Not a rules change, just an exception.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I've also pinned it, I don't want this "status tracker" gets lost if the Workshop regains movement while the file are being revised, which will take time.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
ThorinSchmidt

Post by ThorinSchmidt »

coureur_d_bois wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:49 pm
BF1 is a little trickier since it's not an actual rules manual. I guess we would need to read through all monster entries, but I am still unsure what would be the most efficient way of doing it.
You may have already come to this conclusion, but perhaps a way to go about it is from the perspective of the SRD? What I mean is to take each section of the SRD, and check BF1 (and other similar books) for content that matches, rather than checking the book against the SRD. Otherwise, the only way to do it would be just slogging through a page at a time, which doesn't sound efficient at al.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

ThorinSchmidt wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:00 pm
coureur_d_bois wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:49 pm
You may have already come to this conclusion, but perhaps a way to go about it is from the perspective of the SRD? What I mean is to take each section of the SRD, and check BF1 (and other similar books) for content that matches, rather than checking the book against the SRD. Otherwise, the only way to do it would be just slogging through a page at a time, which doesn't sound efficient at al.
Unfortunately it's not that easy. It is much more efficient to start from the book and to look for info in the SRD. The text is not just there textually in BFRPG products. Some of it has been adapted, sometimes only bits of the SRD pertaining to something have been kept,and in other cases the exact same words are used but in a different order.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

This is where one of those anti-plagiarism tools would be the way to go. Somebody in the Core Rules thread mentioned having access to such a tool, and having applied it to the Core Rules. If I had time I'd go find them and ask nicely if they'd help.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Actually BF1 is pretty easy and quick to do you really only need to keep an eye out for monsters, spells and magic items most of the time as 90% of most adventures is going to be unique text, just a lot of reading :D
No matter where you go...there you are