CS3 Mysterious Island Contest

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Mysterious Island Contest

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:51 pm We've updated from 9.5 point to 10 point for body text, but the skeleton for this one was still using 9.5 point. I'm revising the documents as I come to them, and making notes for future style updates while I'm at it.
For adventures as well as supplements? Currently only the latter has 10-point set in its template, the former is still set at 9.5.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, I do want to bump the point size for everything to a minimum of 10. Should have been that way from the beginning.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... and having said that, I discover that Morgansfort is still 9.5. Gah. Well, I have to keep my word to myself too...
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Doppelganger wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:41 pm Well I messed this one up- a bunch of mine are color (though really close to monochrome). I can go back and adjust them all to the guidelines... how soon is it needed?
I fixed them all well enough for the contest, and given how big the final book will be, it will be a while before it will ever see print. So there's not much of a rush, honestly.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

coureur_d_bois wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:15 pm
Solomoriah wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:51 pm One adventure had multiple tables with 8 pt. type in them.
:shock: I just realized I did this. My apologies.
You're a cruel, cruel person... :D

I bumped them up for the contest entries.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Thanks!
UptonGames

Post by UptonGames »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:19 pm This contest is open from now through February 28, 2023. After the entry period has closed, the forum members will have one week to vote for the winner.
When and where does the voting take place? The week after the submission deadline is almost up.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

UptonGames wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:21 am
Solomoriah wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:19 pm This contest is open from now through February 28, 2023. After the entry period has closed, the forum members will have one week to vote for the winner.
When and where does the voting take place? The week after the submission deadline is almost up.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4740
No matter where you go...there you are
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Note that as stated on that thread, there's 2 weeks to vote on these.
Wing_department

Post by Wing_department »

Started reading the entries. I will be able to vote for only one of them but I also want to give feedback on every single one. Today I read The Prison of the Three Sisters by sean8223 and I have some thoughts:
  • There is a time limit for the mission - this is great. Time limits are always good in adventures.
  • This module is just asking itself to be combined with some other adventures. The description of the ship and the crew, along with the sidekicks, is wordy and much of the given information wouldn't really be useful... unless more adventures happen on the party's way to the island.
  • Even though there are some long descriptions, they are to the point and nicely written, they also don't really appear in the dungeon room descriptions (when they especially need to be concise for the GM).
Other cool things:
  • handouts (the fact that the players may physically reassemble the scroll is pretty sweet)
  • the villain (the three sisters are weird, evil and unlike anything the players might have seen)
  • new monsters (the porcelain doll constructs are my favorites)
  • structures that have a purpose (altars that award those that pray near them, the cursed gong...)
It's just a great adventure, though it requires some more work from the GM's side to keep track of the sidekicks and to read the NPC descriptions and strategies. So far, a promising start for CS3.
The biggest fan of Ockham's razor.