CS3 Mysterious Island Contest

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Mysterious Island Contest

Post by Solomoriah »

Production Team, please note that I am assembling R1 of this manuscript right now.

4 adventures so far and it's got 137 numbered pages.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, R1 is in the first post of this thread.

Proofers, please note in this thread who is going to look at this behemoth first. Pass it back to me via Dropbox between proofers so I can keep copies filed.

Everyone else: We need to workshop blurbs for the adventures. Also, Lightning-Lit Stormclouds needs recommended character numbers and levels, and as St_Abby made a joke out of the numbers and levels we need to figure out what they should actually be.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

I assume we are allowed to add art, but are we also allowed to add small maps (i.e. a town map) that would be incorporated to the text a bit like the fort is in Morgansfort? I see that my keyed map of the island is gone, is there any way we could get it back into the module?

Also: 225 pages :shock:
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't want this to become a monument of any sort... but adding a town map would not be the worst thing in the world. What I'm saying is, let's not let it get out of hand.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I remember one of the entries had a really light color on the #s on the hex map.. that needs to be fixed for sure.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ah... if anyone changed the actual maps, they did something they were not supposed to do, and I did not copy their maps into the final manuscript. Now, there is a "player's handout" that I did incorporate, but any changes to the maps I provided are not included in the full book.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

I don't mind not adding maps, but I definitely would like to add a few pieces of art. I see that the Island Haunt of the Horned Kings by Doppelganger has 10 of varying sizes. Could I add as many to mine?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Art is fine, do what you want. And adding a few maps for your own extra encounter areas is fine too, I just don't want to make any of the adventures too much bigger or more complicated.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Starting an editing pass on this.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

r2 in Projects

The intro/ToC page and the first adventure share the same page style, so the headers are incorrect.
Page 110-116: HP checkboxes still look odd even after re-applying style and clearing any direct formatting.
Isle of the Dead: lots of boxed text that should be regular (ie GM-only) text. Didn't review every boxed section.