CS3 Mysterious Island Contest

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Mysterious Island Contest

Post by Solomoriah »

You should add my attribution, yes. And no, I don't welcome a link to this website or my game.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rutibex

Post by Rutibex »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:58 am You should add my attribution, yes. And no, I don't welcome a link to this website or my game.
Ok its done. I apologize for not giving you the proper credit it was a mistake on my part. Here is a link to the revised version for anyone who wants a free copy. The one that was linked by Toddlyons is an older revision with some errors and its missing the table of contents

https://www.mediafire.com/file/05geult1 ... 2.pdf/file
UptonGames

Post by UptonGames »

Hello: New fish here. After the OGL furor I've been doing something I had considered doing long before the OGL mess: Finding an alternative to WotC D&D.

Upon reading the guidelines for this contest, I got an excellent idea for a low-level module spread out over the "Isle of the Dead." (Cue Rachmaninov's moody piece.) I just read about this on the 22nd so I've been labouring to produce it when I can find the time.

It's good to be creative again. Creative is "fun." Creative can be a mild high, even if what you produce stinks.

So here is my submission:
The Isle of the Dead.odt
(4.2 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

I am happy to present to you all the Isle of Bergecourt.

I am quite happy with the result and I hope you'll enjoy reading and possibly playing it. The trading rules most likely require a lot of playtesting and fine tuning, but we'll see to it during the reviewing process.

Enjoy your read -there's a lot of it!
St_Abby

Post by St_Abby »

Contest Entry
Attachments
Mysterious Island - Sunk Cost Fantasy - r1.odt
Enjoy.
(4.95 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Production Team: I'm doing light edits on the entries; please leave them to me. We'll do serious editing after the contest is over and I sweep them together. Thanks!
Doppelganger

Post by Doppelganger »

Another newcomer here. Here's my entry. This is my first attempt at writing a proper adventure for others to use.. hopefully it is enjoyable. It was fun to put together, but man, I underestimated how much work it would be! I probably would not had made the time if I hadn't committed to finishing it once I started.
If anyone has comments, thoughts, improvements -- let me know.
I did some art for it as well by the way--they are sketches that I did in pencil and then processed in GIMP.
Attachments
Haunt of the Horned Kings - Doppelganger.odt
(7.31 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
lars_alexander

Post by lars_alexander »

I hope, I'm not too late. Timezones, and all that. :D

Here's my entry. I wanted to write a solo adventure, but there were other projects I had to tend to, too. So, here's the basis of what may become a short solo adventure in the future.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

At midnight tonight Central Standard Time the contest is closed; that's 49 minutes from now.

There may be a delay of a couple of days before I get basic format cleanup done for these adventures, before I put up the contest voting thread.

One note as I've been going forward: If you created your own artwork for your adventure, great! However, you are affected by the same Art Submission Guidelines as found in the Artwork forum as any other artist. In particular, interior artwork cannot be in color. Also, please ensure that your scanned art is at least 984 pixels wide for single-column images, 2050 pixels wide for page-width images, with all unused blank (white) areas cropped away. Images with dark backgrounds or outlines should be cropped just to the edge of the dark area; for images that are already dark all the way to the edge, you don't necessarily need to crop them. But I will remove excess outside whitespace (and then use the leeway thus gained to position the art on the page to best effect) so please keep that in mind when scanning. If you're not sure how to proceed, just scan at 600 DPI or higher and you should be fine.
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Just want to say good luck to everyone. Lots of great submissions here!
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II