KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Bumblepig

Re: KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Post by Bumblepig »

rudgar wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:16 am This is a really interesting adventure!
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :) I wanted to make something with multiple possibilities on how it could go.
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

Kyle, I've read in the comments on the Ten Foot Pole review for KH1 ( https://tenfootpole.org/ironspike/?p=7563#comments ) that you maybe making updates to the supplement. Just wondering if you have a timeline for it. I'm thinking of buying a copy from Amazon but might wait for the version that has the updates if it's coming soon. No rush or pressure though.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

gabeprime wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:48 pm Kyle, I've read in the comments on the Ten Foot Pole review for KH1 ( https://tenfootpole.org/ironspike/?p=7563#comments ) that you maybe making updates to the supplement. Just wondering if you have a timeline for it. I'm thinking of buying a copy from Amazon but might wait for the version that has the updates if it's coming soon. No rush or pressure though.
Hmm I think making updates to the adventure was one of those "good ideas at the time". I meant to do it and then life stuff intervened.

I did want to tighten some of the GM text, but now that I look through it that would be pretty time-consuming and I'm not sure it's even worth it because a lot of the text I'd want to keep. I know that all the cool kids write more succinct adventures but that ain't my bag baby. So I'm just afraid this is one of those adventures that would require the GM prep in advance by reading the thing. In my defense, I did try and write something that would be fun to read. But you've seen the free/PDF version, so you can judge if it works for you. :)

One suggestion I could (and want to) address more easily is that there would be some descriptions around the individual shape-shifted ibix that are running around Blackapple unleashing mayhem. That's a cool idea that could help connect Blackapple village better with the Brugh (dungeon-crawl) part of the adventure. So I'll attach here a writeup I did to address that. Hopefully you (or anyone) might find it fun or useful.

Side question for Solo or Chi...
I'm not 100% sure how updates to a published adventure from the author would work anyway. Once my final version was done, there were several iterations for editing and layout. I understand that changes that affect layout aren't necessarily trivial (I can see at a glance that when I open r16 on my locally-installed LibreOffice there are immediate issues).
Again, I don't think it critical that KH1 gets updated (and I don't want to add to workload), but now I'm curious about how this would work.
Attachments
KH1 Supplement-Wicked Children.pdf
(32.57 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
KH1 Supplement-Wicked Children.odt
(20.51 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

You submit new versions just as before, by uploading them to the first post here. Chi or Al may review your revisions, and I will generally take whatever they give me and hammer out the layout and post an update here, which you then may review/revise again. When you feel you've done all you want, you let us know, and we make one or more additional passes to solidify the new layout. After a print release candidate goes unchallenged for at least a week, I update the cover if needed and publish the new version.

It's not a fast process, but it doesn't need to be.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Got it, thanks.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Not a problem sir. Just can't imagine how you can make this one any better...

... but you could write a sequel. If you wanted... :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
daryen

Post by daryen »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:57 am ... but you could write a sequel. If you wanted... :D
Oooo. That'd be great.

And, for the record, I did buy the print copy of this. It's great!
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

daryen wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:05 am
Solomoriah wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:57 am ... but you could write a sequel. If you wanted... :D
Oooo. That'd be great.

And, for the record, I did buy the print copy of this. It's great!
Nice of ya'll to say. :) I'd love to write some more some day. Lately life has just been uncooperative with the time and my muse is on strike.
boccione2k

Post by boccione2k »

Hello all,

I've registered to the forum to compliment the author of this really nifty adventure, and to ask the scale of the hex map.

Anyway, very nice adventure, kudos!
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Funny, I just noticed I left the scale off. :oops:
1 mile per hex.