Anyone using the mRPG mobile app for play-by-chat?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
halieus

Anyone using the mRPG mobile app for play-by-chat?

Post by halieus »

It's avail in the Android and Apple appstores.

I created an acct a week ago and have been lurking waiting for a BFRPG campaign to start up, but no luck so far -- not sure if this is because the app is unknown, no good, has a better competitor, etc.

Thoughts? I'm willing to join a campaign if someone's willing to GM (english only, CST-friendly)

Thx!
halieus

Re: Anyone using the mRPG mobile app for play-by-chat?

Post by halieus »

Forgot to mention:

It supports 100+ other RPG editions/systems as well --- D&D, Cthulhu, Gamma World, MouseGuard, Star Wars, GURPS, etc.

I haven't used the app yet, and am really only interested in committing to a BFRPG campaign right now, so was hoping some of you might be willing to give it a short test play w me.

Any takers?
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I've looked the app over and while it shows promise, it is slightly more work than I'm able to commit to in an effort to build a campaign on. I have one mostly built on my discord server so that is what I will probably be sticking with.
halieus

Post by halieus »

I'm platform agnostic, just would like to try PbC.

If you're running a BFRPG campaign on Discord and looking for players, I'd be interested in joining...
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I'm taking some down time from being a GM and just playing in a game for now. I originally started with a text chat game being setup on Roll20 but then copied it over to discord so now I have two versions being worked on. One of discord and the other on Roll20.

This is why I commented about a campaign on mRPG being slightly more work than I'm able to commit to.
halieus

Post by halieus »

Metroknight wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:46 pm I'm taking some down time from being a GM and just playing in a game for now.
Same here :)

Between Roll20/Discord/Skype/other -- what's your pref, and why?

mRPG looked attractive since it's dedicated to rpg, but I'm basically looking for a PbC platform w good community, variety of BFRPG campaigns, and decent features so I'll go wherever GMs/players are congregating.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I've seen pbc games (not specific to BFRPG) all over the place that people can post but discord with the various bots seem to be growing in popularity. Roll20 is slowly growing in popularity also as it has a dedicated interactive map and character sheets. I host a text community on Roll20 and I'm the current BFRPG sheet author for Roll20.

mRPG has the potential but at this moment, I don't see the draw or need for it personally.
halieus

Post by halieus »

I ended up cancelling my mRPG acct. The app has potential, but I'm too busy to invest in its current iteration -- too few BFRPG campaigns, and the ones I applied for seemed to be GM'd by unorganized teens that weren't moving them forward in a timely manner.

In the mean time I'll prob join Roll20 and Discord as there seems to be many more dedicated users there.

I may check out mRPG again in 6+ months to see if it has matured.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I have an account there still but with other various sites/programs that work, I have no reason to mess with it. Discord with a dice bot and uploaded filled pdf sheets works well for those that use a phone. A google document with macros work just as good with a discord and dice bot.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Hmm i haven't heard of the app. It might be helpful for me since i have limited access to a computer. Of course i think roll 20 + discord might be more easier and most people use it.