Equipment Emporium Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
AlMan

Re: Equipment Emporium Supplement

Post by AlMan »

I was 5-years-old when that goose attacked me.
ThorinSchmidt

Post by ThorinSchmidt »

As a teenager, an angry goose charged at my oncoming vehicle. I ran over it. It got up and chased me. 1HD is accurate, I think.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

ThorinSchmidt wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:46 am As a teenager, an angry goose charged at my oncoming vehicle. I ran over it. It got up and chased me. 1HD is accurate, I think.
When I was about 10, friends of mine had a goose in their backyard. It terrified me!
I'm also on RPGG
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

It's the reason I hate Ducks and am utterly convinced they are the ultimate source of all evil, I was even younger than that I think about 3? not entirely sure it was a LOOOOONG time ago
No matter where you go...there you are
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Suggestions for the Equipment Emporium.

Equipment Emporium R29

Main font through out the book is Liberation Serif font 9.5 pt. May need to change to the current Adventure BF font 10 pt.

Page 15 (11) – Shield Descriptions – Paragraph 1
Paragraph starting with ‘A Buckler is … ‘ has word ‘their’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘their’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … receives +1 to their Armor Class …
Should be: … receives +1 to their Armor Class …

Page 18 (14) – Dungeon Exploration – Paragraph 17
Paragraph starting with ‘Silk Rope is … ‘ has word ‘above’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘above’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … hemp rope, above, apply here also. …
Should be: … hemp rope, above, apply here also. …

Page 18 (14) – Outdoors – Paragraph 1
Paragraph starting with ‘An Air Bladder is … ‘ has word ‘their’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘their’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … to extend their range. …
Should be: … to extend their range. …

Page 19 (15) – Outdoors – Paragraph 7
Paragraph starting with ‘A Trap generally … ‘ has word ‘their’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘their’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … has pinched their finger, …
Should be: … has pinched their finger, …

Page 19 (15) – Personal Equipment – Paragraph 4
Paragraph starting with ‘A Smoking Pipe & Pouch … ’ has the wrong word ‘tub’ should be ‘tube’.
Currently: … a short tub with a bowl …
Should be: … a short tube with a bowl …

Page 19 (15) – Personal Equipment – Paragraph 7
Paragraph starting with ‘A Torch is … ‘ has the wrong word ‘turn’ should be ‘to’.
Currently: … to allow it turn burn for …
Should be: … to allow it to burn for …

Page 22 (18) – Clerics’ Ceremonials – Paragraph 1
Paragraph starting with ‘Alter cases are … ‘ has word ‘A’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘A’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … worship. A small …
Should be: … worship. A small …

Page 22 (18) – Thieves’ Tools – Paragraph 4
Paragraph starting with ‘A Dead Hammer is … ‘ has characters (’s) is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the characters (’s) is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … an enemy’s head …
Should be: … an enemy’s head …

Page 22 (18) – Wizards’ Wares – Paragraph 1
Paragraph starting with ‘A Spellbook is … ‘ has word ‘their’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘their’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … where their spells …
Should be: … where their spells …

Page 23 (19) – Wizards’ Wares – Paragraph 2 – Last sentence after the page change.
Paragraph starting with ‘A Reference book is … ‘ has word ‘their’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘their’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … gift from their instructors …
Should be: … gift from their instructors …

Page 23 (19) – Games and Entertainment – Paragraph 4
Paragraph starting with ‘Musical Intruments cover … ‘ has the instrument ‘shawms’ listed in the strings section. The instrument is actually a small wind (reed) instrument, (see Shawm – Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawm) for information on the musical instrument.

Page 24 (20) – Jewelry and Decorative Items – Weight column on table has the * and ** indicators for 10 items to 1 pound and items that are so small or have no appreciable weight. The only note is the single asterisk note for the Price column. Suggest changing the Price indicator to a dagger (†) and put the standard notes for one and two asterisks at the bottom of the table.

Page 24 (20) – Jewelry and Decorative Items – Paragraph 2
Paragraph starting with ‘A Barrette/Hair Comb is … ‘ has words (‘s hair with) is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word (‘s hair with) is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … a person’s hair with the decorative …
Should be: … a person’s hair with the decorative …

Page 27 (23) – Explanation for Outfits: – Paragraph 7
Paragraph starting with ‘An Adventurer’s Outfit is… ‘ has characters (’s) is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the characters (’s) is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … an adventurer’s cloak. …
Should be: … an adventurer’s cloak. …

Page 28 (24) – Individual Items Table – Personal Effects section
Line ‘Baldric, belt sash’ other items in table have first letter caps.
Currently: … Baldric, belt sash …
Should be: … Baldric, Belt Sash …

Line ‘Belt Hook or Ring’ the word ‘Ring’ has word ‘Ring’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘Ring’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … Belt Hook or Ring …
Should be: … Belt Hook or Ring …

Line ‘Belt, Weapon belt’ other items in table have first letter caps.
Currently: … Belt, Weapon belt …
Should be: … Belt, Weapon Belt …

Page 29 (25) – Personal Effects – Paragraph 5
Paragraph starting with ‘A Hook or Ring is a… ‘ has character (o from word ‘or’) and word (is) is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the character (o from word ‘or’) and word (is) is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … A Hook or Ring is a weapon . …
Should be: … A Hook or Ring is a weapon . …

Page 29 (25) – Hats and Headcover – Paragraph 3
Paragraph starting with ‘A Headband is … ‘ has word ‘their’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘their’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … out of their eyes …
Should be: … out of their eyes …

Page 30 (26) – Outerwear – Paragraph 1
Paragraph starting with ‘A Cape is … ‘ has words (‘s appearance) is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word (‘s appearance) is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … hide one’s appearance …
Should be: … hide one’s appearance …

Page 31 (27) – Footwear – Paragraph 4
Paragraph starting with ‘Shoes are footwear … ‘ has word (a) is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word (a) is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … allows a Thief …
Should be: … allows a Thief …

Page 31 (27) – Footwear – Paragraph 6
Paragraph starting with ‘Snowshoes are a … ‘ has word ‘their’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘their’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5.
Currently: … of their movement …
Should be: … of their movement …

Page 32 (28) – Storage & Containers Table – Container section
The Sacks and Saddlebags listed here is a repeat of the table of Bags and Pouches on Page 26 (22).

Page 33 (29) – Dry Storage – Paragraph 4
Paragraph starting with ‘Saddle bags are leather … ‘ has word ‘their’ is not in the same font. Most of the text is Liberation Serif 9.5, the word ‘their’ is Bitstream Vera Sans 9.5. There are two instances of the word ‘their’ in this paragraph.
Currently: … them over their shoulder …
Should be: … them over their shoulder …

Page 33 (29) – Dry Storage – Paragraph 5
Paragraph starting with ‘Chests are reinforced … ‘ the paragraph mentions a ‘sea chest’ which isn’t in the table on page 32 (28). The table mentions a Small Strongbox that is not mentioned in the paragraph.

Page 33 (29) – Dry Storage – Paragraph 7
Paragraph starting with ‘Chests are very … ‘ the paragraph comes after another paragraph about chests paragraph 5. This information could be integrated into paragraph 5.

Page 34 (30) – Animals Tables – Source Column
All the entries will need to be altered to better match the Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 4th Ed.
There are several mentions of page numbers in this chapter of Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules, but these are all reliant on 3rd Edition r107.
Some animals have been moved from the Equipment Emporium to the Core Rules (Cattle, Ostrich, and Parrot) are some examples.

Alternative remove the Source columns and the page references in the rest of the text.

You are at Page 39 (35) – Services Explanations – Hirelings paragraph
Has extra word ‘an’, remove the word.
Currently: … An Untrained Hirelings are those working jobs …
Should be: … Untrained Hirelings are those working jobs …

May want to note that Hirelings will not go into dungeon.

You are at Page 39 (35) – Services Explanations – Minstrel paragraph
Awkward sentence.
Currently: … A Minstrel is often hired for entertain dinner guests by nobility or wealthy merchants. …
Should be: … A Minstrel is often hired by nobility or wealthy merchants to entertain dinner guests. …

Page 43 (39) – Artwork – Statues paragraph
Incorrect word ‘made’ should be ‘may’
Currently: … They made be made of wood, …
Should be: … They may be made of wood, …

Page 49 (45) – Entangling Weapons – Pargraph 2 (on this page)
Starts with ‘Whips and chains…’. Last sentence breaks between (-) and (2) suggest putting in non-breaking space to keep the two characters together.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

AlMan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:53 pm Suggestions for the Equipment Emporium.

Equipment Emporium R29

Main font through out the book is Liberation Serif font 9.5 pt. May need to change to the current Adventure BF font 10 pt.
Supplements should use SoutaneBF, not AdventureBF
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

R29 is in fact Soutane BF throughout.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

My current R30 includes corrections for all the things Al mentioned above, except that I have not added a description for the small strongbox, nor corrected the source page numbers for the Animals table.

Hope to get to that soon and release a new copy right away.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

BTW I need to double-check the fonts for the they/them/their transition; for some reason, some of them are in fact in the wrong font even with Soutane BF loaded. I'm not sure I got them all.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

OKAY, so... the only sensible thing to do with EE at this point is to remove page number references from the "Source" for animals etc. I'm going to put out a new release, and I'd like someone else with sharper eyes than mine to call out the places where there are still any page number references to the Core Rules. Also, I'm replacing "Field Guide Volume 1" with "Field Guide" (or variants thereof); if there are still volume number references, I need to know where they are.

Announcing!

Basic Fantasy Equipment Emporium, Release 30 -- May 28, 2023
This is not a print release candidate, not yet. We have three issues I need help with. First, all references to the "Field Guide Volume 1" need to be changed to just "Field Guide" as we have no idea how the CC version will be organized. Second, all page number references to the Core Rules, Field Guide, etc. need to be removed; they may be added back at some later date but for now just need to go. Last, there may still be a few words here or there that are not set in Soutane BF font that need to be found and fixed. Any help in finding these issues would be much appreciated!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html ... ntemporium