Season 1 - Episode 6: The Bandit Caves

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

Season 1 - Episode 6: The Bandit Caves

Post by JoeCarr28 »

You advance cautiously into the cave, your eyes gradually adjusting to the dim light. Upon reaching the corner where the passageway turns to the left (west) you halt briefly and Tannen takes a careful peek around. He sees that the tunnel continues west for about 100 feet. However, he can also see two passageways branching off to the right (north) after about 20' and 70'. There are no signs of any bandits, although there is a low level of background noise that suggests the caves are far from deserted.

The caves appear geologically similar to those inhabited by the goblins. However, the bandits are clearly the better tenants. There is none of the debris and detritus that littered the floor of the goblin caves. Brackets containing lit torches are spaced along the walls at intervals that provide just enough light to see by. And the absence of the nauseous stench that permeated the goblin caves is a welcome relief to both your lungs and your stomachs.

Doughbert: HP 5/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 9/9.
Karl: HP 8/8.
Nivek: HP 7/7. 2 '0' level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP 3/4.
Tannen: HP 9/9.
3 pm, 28th day of Harvestide.
Birthright

Re: Season 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Birthright »

Tannen will hold his palm up to the others to warn them to wait in the 40' N-S corridor. As quietly as he is able, he'll creep up and, staying adjacent to the northern side of the long corridor, he'll peek around the corner of the first corridor leading off to the north. Tannen recalls his crossbow drills, trying not to grip the stock of his weapon too tightly.

UPDATED Map of bandit caves Here
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Birthright wrote:Tannen will hold his palm up to the others to warn them to wait in the 40' N-S corridor. As quietly as he is able, he'll creep up and, staying adjacent to the northern side of the long corridor, he'll peek around the corner of the first corridor leading off to the north. Tannen recalls his crossbow drills, trying not to grip the stock of his weapon too tightly.

UPDATED Map of bandit caves Here
Advancing up the long east-west corridor, Tannen checks out the first northerly passage. He sees that it runs due north for about 60 feet before ending at a door. The door is slightly ajar (but not enough for Tannen to see inside) and light creeps out from the gap between the door frame.

About 20 feet before the door, Tannen can also see a passage branching off to the north-west.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Doughbert keeps the crossbow carried nonchalantly but ready to use at a moments notice. He keeps a close eye behind them and thinks how nice it feels to be traveling in the back and not worrying about walking into a gelatinous cube or falling into a pit.
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin also keeps a sharp eye back toward the cave mouth. He'll get a few steps ahead of Doughbert so Paladin is not the very last person in the marching order.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Karl keeps to the corner, crossbow ready, alternating between watching the corridor, and watching for a signal from Tannen to move the party up.
Go with a smile!
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Tannen resolves to advance up the newly discovered corridor (to the north).

First he signals to Karl and the others to advance up to his position. Once everyone is 'safely' in the 60' north-south corridor, he suggests that someone hangs back to watch the main 100' corridor.

Tannen then leads the rest of the party north. As he approaches the branch to the Northwest, Tannen puts his back to the western side of the corridor and peers ever so carefully around the corner.

[updated map is Here]
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Birthright wrote:Tannen ... suggests that someone hangs back to watch the main 100' corridor.
Doughbert looks at Paladin and laughs, "I know he wasn't talking to me."

He will then follow behind the rest of the group.
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

Seeing others grab the crossbows Hiker was glad he didn't have one. They looked very complicated.
Hywaywolf wrote:
Birthright wrote:Tannen ... suggests that someone hangs back to watch the main 100' corridor.
Doughbert looks at Paladin and laughs, "I know he wasn't talking to me."

He will then follow behind the rest of the group.
Hiker looks back and forth, looking as confused as usual and finally whispers, "If we're getting closer to finding Miss Alma, I don't think I should do it, but if it's best I guess I could. But I'd rather find Miss Alma now."

OOC: I will defer to our more strategic thinkers to determine where they want Hiker. But leaving him alone will probably get him into trouble... ;)
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

OOC: No... n. no. no... best to keep an eye on him. I'll cover it if nobody else wants to.

Karl gives Hiker a quick thumbs up, and motions him to keep up.

Without approaching past the NW split - or Tannen, what can we see past the door to the North?
Go with a smile!