jackel's crazy ideas.

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
jackel

jackel's crazy ideas.

Post by jackel »

Does anyone else love the old skyships from the original game? Or is it just me?
jackel

Re: jackel's crazy ideas.

Post by jackel »

Alright. I would first like to say I'm sorry to Mr. Smoot for thread jacking. I think we should (at some point) do a shop's supplement. A supplement that contains cookie cutter type shops, that GMs can plop down in any city, town, or village that they want to. I know that I am not the most creative person around. I thik this would be of help to GMs.
jackel

Post by jackel »

Alright I stole it..magic frying pan +2(weapon) bought Tangled for my youngest. It's a great movie.

Ideas for shop supplement/ stuff for my world.
Red Ram Inn
Ettinmeyer's Equipment Emporium (it' stuck in my head now)
Alchemy shop
Book shop
Bakery (makes a bread or something that can be used to heal a character)

That's all for now. More to come.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

No worries... I like dialogue of idea generation. Even if much of the ideas may never get used, kernels of ideas may become catalyst for great things to be developed.

Like I said in the other thread, I think a sort of semi-setting, or locale would make a great addition to material for BFRPG. Another idea, is to make it a sort of Gypsy Wagon-train of merchants. That way the 'store' can be mobile and inserted into just about any setting/module/location, even in temporary fashion. I was just watching some old monster movies (wolfman earlier today) that brought on this idea. Always gypsies in those movies.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
jackel

Post by jackel »

Alright, I could use some help. I am trying to get my world up and running. I know that I'm going to use as much of the Stuff here on basic fantasy that I can. I'm going to start off with BF1. Anyways. I can't find a world that I would like to use, so I 'm going to make my own world. I have never done that before. So I could use any help in my effort. I don't plan on doing the whole world at once, just the area arounf 'morgansfort'.
jackel

Post by jackel »

Alright, I could use some help. I am trying to get my world up and running. I know that I'm going to use as much of the Stuff here on basic fantasy that I can. I'm going to start off with BF1. Anyways. I can't find a world that I would like to use, so I 'm going to make my own world. I have never done that before. So I could use any help in my effort. I don't plan on doing the whole world at once, just the area arounf 'morgansfort'.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

If morgansfort is not enough for you you could take monkey isle and put it out in the bay and take the chaotic caves and put them somewhere. grab a few of teh other modules and stick them in interesting places.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

jackel wrote:Alright I stole it..magic frying pan +2(weapon) bought Tangled for my youngest. It's a great movie.

Ideas for shop supplement/ stuff for my world.
Red Ram Inn
Ettinmeyer's Equipment Emporium (it' stuck in my head now)
Alchemy shop
Book shop
Bakery (makes a bread or something that can be used to heal a character)

That's all for now. More to come.
(scribbles notes)
Does the frying pan deal regular or subdual damage?

(Our little one likes it too)
Go with a smile!
jackel

Post by jackel »

@hywaywolf I had thought of that, but dismissed it, however now on reflection and your suggestion. I like the idea. most of the worlds I have rejected have so much info that it would take me a while to bring myself up to speed. So I am steeling..... borrowing the Western lands campaign from BF1 and going to add in the other modules as I can.

@ Joe I think subdual damage would be the best. While it might kill someone if hit in the head enough or hard enough. That's something I am wondering about now. I think a D4 damage would be just right. Just had a thought, how about with every hit there's a one in say ten chance of regular damage???? Say if you hit then you roll a d10 and on a 10 it does regular damage. What does everyone else think?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

You probably don't need to be up to speed on every module you incorporate into your world. You just need to be up to speed on the areas with where you think they are headed next. Just have a few smaller encounters that you are up to speed on to throw at your players to get you through the night if they head off in a direction you aren't expecting.

So if you think they are heading to olde fort because you have seeded them with tons of story hooks, but the thief got seen slipping out of the Dukes chambers. Now they all decide to hop a boat to get clear in a hurry. You may want to throw monkey island at them then, but you aren't prepared. So have a pirate encounter or maybe a sinking ship on the horizon or even a crew mutiny on the ship they're on and they have to pick sides. Being familiar with a few scenarios like that will get you through the night and then you will have a week to study up and prepare.