Dragonkin

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Blood axe

Dragonkin

Post by Blood axe »

Dragonkin

Description:
Dragonkin look like humanoid dragons without wings. Or some strange breed of Lizardman. They are tall (6 feet+) and usually well-built. The blood of a particular color dragon runs strong and gives them each different abilities.

Restrictions:
They can become any class. Minimum Strength and Charisma of 9.

Special Abilities:
Languages: Draconic, Common

Resistance & Breath Attack.

Red/Gold/Brass - fire
Black/Copper- acid
Blue/Bronze- lightning
White/Silver- cold
Green- poison

Breath attack- 1 time a day in a 15' cone 2d6 damage, save for 1/2 damage
damage increases to 3d6 at level 5, and to 4d6 at level 10.

Resistance- resistance to same attack as breath weapon, +4 saves, 1/2 or 1/4 damage.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Dimirag

Re: Dragonkin

Post by Dimirag »

I'm not found of the open class access to non-humans and of the increased damage by level, a flat value may be better and more "basic".
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Dimirag wrote:I'm not found of the open class access to non-humans and of the increased damage by level, a flat value may be better and more "basic".
or somehow tie to Constitution or CON Bonus... for instance, smaller amount of damage usable 1xDay per CON bonus.

Just ideas.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Blood axe

Post by Blood axe »

SmootRK wrote:
Dimirag wrote:I'm not found of the open class access to non-humans and of the increased damage by level, a flat value may be better and more "basic".
or somehow tie to Constitution or CON Bonus... for instance, smaller amount of damage usable 1xDay per CON bonus.

Just ideas.
Im open to ideas.
Last edited by Blood axe on Wed May 18, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Blood axe wrote:Im open to ideas. I just tried to keep my version close to the original.
My suggestion is to go the other way, create the race thinking on the BF rules and style, trying to maintain an import as close to possible to its origins can generate problems...
Blood axe

Post by Blood axe »

Dimirag wrote:
Blood axe wrote:Im open to ideas. I just tried to keep my version close to the original.
My suggestion is to go the other way, create the race thinking on the BF rules and style, trying to maintain an import as close to possible to its origins can generate problems...
You can post your version here also.
Last edited by Blood axe on Wed May 18, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Bear in mind that 5e has a substantially-limited OGL/SRD. A lot of stuff is off-limits. Bearing that in mind, nobody cares what is used in your personal game... but a lot of stuff cannot and will not be printed under BFRPG that violates their intellectual property.

Remember, BFRPG being non-profit, essentially cannot fight ANY legal battles... whether winnable or not, as there is a significant cost in the fight itself.

This is all part of the reason that (in other thread) I suggested crafting your ideas with as much originality as possible while filling the identified niche. Simply scratching off the name and entering your own is not enough to call it original. Nor is repeatedly identifying exactly where you are lifting these ideas from, or expressing that you are keeping things as close as possible to the originals (ie copying the idea and/or mechanics).

And in the end, BFRPG is only strengthened from having its own completely original content, especially when that content can closely emulate other games/editions content's particular niche ideas, while remaining so original. I am a strong advocate of this sort of original content being very important in our little community.

And don't get me wrong. I love certain aspects of other games/editions, and I incorporate what I can into my own games, whether content or mechanics that I feel works well. But that doesn't mean I am sharing it as part of BFRPG's offerings.

just 2cents on it.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Blood axe

Post by Blood axe »

This is Dragonkin, WoC is Dragonborn. They cant own a generic Dragonman, just like they cant own Elf or Dwarf. But I agree with you, maybe we can collaborate to make a Basic version Dragon man and Half-Demon. I modified my posts a bit.
I apologize and removed any references to a certain book posted above.

Maybe a Half-Dragon?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Blood axe

Post by Blood axe »

Dimirag wrote:Half Dragons

Thanks, close to what Im thinking. Im going to work on a slightly different version. No wings though.