Battlemat

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Qualitymix

Battlemat

Post by Qualitymix »

(I moved this post to it's own topic, and deleted my old post)
Hey guys. This is my first post here and I have to admit I am completely new to PnP RPGs. I found Basic Fantasy while searching for a suitable system to use for a great project that I got to be a part of called Battlemat Miniatures Battle System. I first want to express how excited I am to dive into playing this fantastic system. I bought the new print of the 3rd Edition rules, and the Morgansfort book. Exciting!

Anyways... Battlemat is a downloadable content available for a program called Axis Game Factory.

The short of this post is that I've designed the first level of The Old Island Fortress for use with a couple of friends. Once I've completed the 2nd level, I'll make all the files available to anyone who owns Battlemat. If you're interested in reading more about this software, keep reading.

Battlemat is a virtual tabletop sandbox designed specifically for playing games that use Miniatures. The closest thing I can compare it to is roll20, but in complete 3d.

I was involved with it because I was contracted to write 6 of the songs included for use as mood setters for the GM.
So what I'm really interested in, is number one, everyone's opinion about this software, and number 2, if anyone buys it, hooking up with me to play some games :).

Here is the official website:

http://www.axisgamefactoryllc.com/agf-battlemat/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Battlemat

Post by Solomoriah »

If you're giving the constructed datasets away for free, I don't see a problem with it. Selling the adventures themselves would be a problem for us. But just because the platform itself costs doesn't present a problem.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Qualitymix

Post by Qualitymix »

Oh yeah. I'd never try to sell anything like that. I just murdered my friends in the first wolf room in The Old Island Fortress. I cam share screenshots if anyone wants.
Qualitymix

Post by Qualitymix »

A few screenshots.
Attachments
Room 10
Room 10
Room10.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 7161 times
Room 12 from Old Island Fortress
Room 12 from Old Island Fortress
Room12.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 7163 times
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Nice. Looks great!
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Ok wait. Is this a PC game that someone published and that you've modded to fit BFRPG? That looks amazing and I'd love to play! Is it a roll20 type text/speak/declare action thing and then the publisher moves your character for you? (I tried the link and got a 404 code so I can't see what it is)

edit: I got the link to work and all I can say is O.... M.... Goodness! That's some awesome stuff you've got going on there.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Qualitymix

Post by Qualitymix »

The basic jist of gameplay (it was just released so things like voice chat aren't implemented yet, but that's coming soon) is that the players have total control over their miniatures and can move freely about the dungeon. (I use the BFRPG Combat With Floor Plans Supplement, combined with the movement rules in the Core book where characters get 3 movement rounds per game turn when not in combat.) And when they come upon rooms, hallways etc... the GM (me) will announce certain details and such, while rolling for encounters and skill checks unbeknownst to the players.

For instance, my buddy rolled up a terrible Thief named Locksley McPickens, and tried sneaking down the hallway towards the wolf room. But because his partner, Red Spelldrake, wasn't moving silently, the wolves heard them and came out.

Then they all rolled for initiative and combat ensued. (It was a bloody end for Locksley and Red).
Here is a screenshot of the battle (I recreated the scenario after the fact, because I forgot to take screenies while playing)
Attachments
Death to all thieves and magic users!
Death to all thieves and magic users!
Screeny1.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 7095 times
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

That's awesome!
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Qualitymix

Post by Qualitymix »

Here is a screenshot of the town of Morgansfort (work in progress). Still have some houses and the military quarters to put in. Sol, I'd love your input on the look of the town. (I'm not a 3d designer, I'm a musician) I'd love to capture your vision of what Morgansfort should look like.
Attachments
Town of Morgansfort (WIP)
Town of Morgansfort (WIP)
Morgansfort.png (1.68 MiB) Viewed 7030 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The wall-tops should be crenelated, not peaked, so the guards can walk along them and shoot down at invading forces. Otherwise, looks pretty cool.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org