Character Record Sheet (ODS Spreadsheet)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
salasnet

Character Record Sheet (ODS Spreadsheet)

Post by salasnet »

I have been working on an ODS Spreadsheet with and "old school" feel and look but which allows me to keep electronic records (i.e. not printed) for characters and has some technological conveniences.

I have gotten it to the point where I would not mind getting some feed back from some of the more experienced around here.

There are many pull-down lists menus and comments of game information for new folks, etc. For example, the spell sheets have all of the core spells available in the pull down menus. There are comments explaining each Ability, etc.

Please let me know if there are some pull-down lists and/or comment boxes which you think are superflous. Or really, any thoughts or suggestions to make it better would be much appreciated.

Yes, it can be printed, and it looks pretty good... but its main design purpose is to have a digital character sheet which has a "printed" sheet feel.

Once it is in tip-top shape, I would like to go about submitting it for download around here.

Thank you so much everybody!
Attachments
Basic Fantasy Character Record Spreadsheet v2.ods
Basic Fantasy Character Record Spreadsheet
(88.98 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
Blazeguard

Re: Character Record Sheet (ODS Spreadsheet)

Post by Blazeguard »

That looks really good. The only issues I've come across so far is that I can't enter anything into the Experience field. It says "Protected cells can not be modified." I can fill in the Next Level field but not the current XP.
Also, sometimes the Ability Modifier fields don't populate at all or don't update when changed.

I'm using LibreOffice version 4.1.1.2.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
salasnet

Post by salasnet »

Thanks for the feedback. I will fix that issue and re-upload for you to test again. I also modified the fonts so that it matches the old style of sheets better. I use Cooper Black, which I think is standard on most machines. (It is also free to download: http://www.fontpalace.com/font-details/Cooper+Black/ )

If you don't have Cooper Black, please let me know, as it might not be a good idea to use that font in the spreadsheet.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Cooper Black isn't common at all, at least on Windows. It's usually included with other software, not just the OS.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
salasnet

Post by salasnet »

OK. It probably will not be a good idea to use that font then.
salasnet

Post by salasnet »

Here is the latest version of the character sheet (v3). I have fixed the Experience text box issue and reverted back to more common fonts (Arial, Georgia, Trebuchet MS). The ability modifiers should also be OK now too.
Attachments
Basic Fantasy Character Record Spreadsheet v3.ods
Version 3
(90.94 KiB) Downloaded 411 times