Chapter 10

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7280
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Chapter 10

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:18 am

Looking around, Artie noticed several German sailors, carrying rifles; some were walking up and down the deck, while others seemed to be patrolling the shoreline near the gangplank. Across the river to the left, Artie saw another inflatable boat, and as he watched several more Germans came out of the treeline and got into it.

One of the shore guards assisted Artie's captors in beaching the raft. "Come along, Artie," said Sullivan cheerfully. "The Captain will want to meet you."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter 10

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 am

Solomoriah wrote:Tommy and Simon moved as quietly as possible through the dark jungle. Several times they heard noises... Large animals? Pursuing natives? They didn't know, but they grimly moved forward on the dark, twisting trail.

They stepped out of the treeline onto the savanna just as the sun broke over the horizon somewhat to their left. Looking around, Tommy saw the dirigible anchored low in the trees a mile or so to the right; it shone brightly in the morning sun. Below the dirigible, Tommy saw a crowd of figures encamped.
Tommy is going to try and lead Simon closer to those encamped to see if they can tell if they are friendly or enemy. They will attempt to be very quiet in their approach. The will try and stay as close to the trees as they can trying to use them as cover from being spotted. If Tommy can tell that they are friendly then Tommy will walk up to the dirigible's ladder and climb up. If no ladder he will attempt to yell up for one. If Tommy thinks they are enemy then he will attempt to stay out of sight and retreat back to the friendly village.
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5259
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 10

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:58 am

Simon will follow quietly behind him.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7280
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10

Post Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 am

Tommy moved out, keeping near the treeline and staying low; Simon followed a short way behind. As Tommy entered an area of sparser trees, suddenly a group of natives leapt from concealment in the scrub and surrounded him, menacing him with their spears! Simon didn't think the natives had seen him yet, concealed as he was by the trees.

.........

Someone knocked at Will's door. "Mister Thornton?" called a voice, feminine, older... Miss Emily perhaps.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5259
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 10

Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Simon shrank quietly deeper into the shadow of the trees. There he waited to see what happened next.
User avatar
crazycrypt
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Palmyra, MO

Re: Chapter 10

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:53 am

Not seeing much choice at the moment Tommy will raise his arms and see if he can understand what they want.

OCC: How many of them are there? I don't want to say he will try and fight if there is 10 of them, but at the same time if there is only 2 or 3 he might, lol.
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 10

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:33 pm

"Skronk! Huh what?" Will reaches instinctively (at this point) to find his gun. "Yes, who's there?" He gets up, preparing to answer the door and tucking in his shirt and whatever else to make himself presentable. As he does this he looks at his watch to figure out what time it is and how long he's been sleeping.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums! I read at & Magazine
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Nazim
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Chapter 10

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:57 am

Solomoriah wrote:One of the shore guards assisted Artie's captors in beaching the raft. "Come along, Artie," said Sullivan cheerfully. "The Captain will want to meet you."
Artie rises, and squints as he sun's rays catch his face. He then gazes at the village, taking it, and it's inhabitants, in. If any of the natives are nearby, he watches her or him and tries to read his reactions to the nazi's prisoner-taking actions.

OOC: I think Artie's wrists are bound, if I recall. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7280
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Hywaywolf wrote:Simon shrank quietly deeper into the shadow of the trees. There he waited to see what happened next.
crazycrypt wrote:Not seeing much choice at the moment Tommy will raise his arms and see if he can understand what they want.
For a tense moment, Simon thought the natives were going to attack Tommy, but then he realized (apparently about the same time Tommy did) that they were Dalar. The natives, for their part, quickly drew back and inclined their heads toward Tommy.
rredmond wrote:"Skronk! Huh what?" Will reaches instinctively (at this point) to find his gun. "Yes, who's there?" He gets up, preparing to answer the door and tucking in his shirt and whatever else to make himself presentable. As he does this he looks at his watch to figure out what time it is and how long he's been sleeping.
Will saw that it was just after six AM. Outside his door, he found Miss Emily awaiting him. The doors at both ends of the hallway were open, letting the still-cool morning breeze pass through. Passengers were milling about the hallway, and more were in the lounge; it appeared some of them had breakfast before them, which thought made Will rather hungry.

"The natives caught up with us, the good ones that is, just now," said Miss Emily. "Whatever is going to happen will surely happen soon."

Will saw Dr. Burton and Michael Lloyd just up the hallway toward the lounge, conversing in serious tones, but as he and Miss Emily were about to join them, he heard Catherine call out, "Mister Thornton! Will you be joining us below?"
Nazim wrote:Artie rises, and squints as he sun's rays catch his face. He then gazes at the village, taking it, and it's inhabitants, in. If any of the natives are nearby, he watches her or him and tries to read his reactions to the nazi's prisoner-taking actions.
Several Suran natives, mostly warriors, stood nearby; they seemed a bit afraid of the Nazis, but what really showed on their faces was sadness. They stood passively as Artie's captors led him toward the U-boat, where another group of Nazi sailors were waiting. Artie thought, from the look of their uniforms, that one of them was an officer, and that man stepped forward to converse with Sullivan in German.
Nazim wrote:OOC: I think Artie's wrists are bound, if I recall. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
They are, with rope.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter 10

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Solomoriah wrote:Will saw that it was just after six AM. Outside his door, he found Miss Emily awaiting him. The doors at both ends of the hallway were open, letting the still-cool morning breeze pass through. Passengers were milling about the hallway, and more were in the lounge; it appeared some of them had breakfast before them, which thought made Will rather hungry.

"The natives caught up with us, the good ones that is, just now," said Miss Emily. "Whatever is going to happen will surely happen soon."

Will saw Dr. Burton and Michael Lloyd just up the hallway toward the lounge, conversing in serious tones, but as he and Miss Emily were about to join them, he heard Catherine call out, "Mister Thornton! Will you be joining us below?"
OOC: is this down below in the airship, crew quarters, or to the surface?

Will shoots Catherine a smile of shared experience and says "wouldn't miss it! Is there time for me to grab some breakfast?" Whether there is time or not he will ask Emily, in a quieter tone, "What news of Artie? Anything new?" Before moving on. If there is time to get breakfast, he'll stop over to the good doctor and Mr. Lloyd on the way, whether or not it's physically on the way. He'll take on his serious mien and ask: "Is everything alright, are there any changes in the idol?" Whether there's time to eat or not, he will hurry to catch up with Catherine, figuring he'll get the best information from her anyway, stopping hopefully to throw some food in between two slices of bread and some juice to take on the way. Ensuring that his weapon (or is it two, I'm not finished reviewing my notes) is tucked securely in his waistband, where its covered by his jacket but where he has quick access.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums! I read at & Magazine
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests