Wynter's Paladin Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
wynteriii

Wynter's Paladin Supplement

Post by wynteriii »

I hope you guys will enjoy this.
Attachments
BF-Paladins-r1.dot
(80 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
wynteriii

Re: Wynter's Paladin Supplement

Post by wynteriii »

Oops, here is the .rtf I meant to post
Attachments
Paladins.rtf
(126.47 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Wynter.. It looks like you did exactly what I thought of doing when making the Paladin. Now this next comment is meant not just for you but for everyone. Right now your Pally looks to pretty close to the spirit of the Paladin in games past but I recently read a blog that thought the protection from evil and detect evil makes the paladin a bit overpowered compared to other classes and I had to agree the ability to detect evil ALL the time does do that.. Should the pally have some limits on these powers?
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

1e paladins had such powers, but one had to roll 17 CHA among other exceptional scores. That was were some balance was found.

I don't use Alignment and neither does BFRPG natively (although there is a supplement), so you might want to at least adjust your text to those who don't use alignment (as the core audience) with additional text to reflect the use of additional supplements. I had to do something like this when I wrote about Weapon Specialization use with some other Fighter Subclasses (from the supplement called Additional Fighting Sub-classes... one of those that have not become official).

Perhaps state, "Paladins exemplify the characteristics of faith, charity, purity, and benevolence. If a paladin fails to follow such behavior, they lose their status...blah blah blah. If the Game Master utilizes Alignment, such as mentioned in "Alignment: A Basic Fantasy Supplement", then Paladins should be lawful and good. If the Game Master utilizes other forms of alignment or allegiance rules, then the GM may modify or use slightly different models for their behavior.

Likewise, you may want to slightly alter the text of Detect Evil and Protection from Evil in a similar fashion. I think I wrote some appropriate text for Protection from Evil in the Quasi-Class entry for "Holy Characters" (of course, I think I wrote well there ;) )
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Wynter, dude... download LibreOffice. Seriously, it will make your life 100% better when doing stuff with us.

libreoffice.org
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
wynteriii

Post by wynteriii »

Not OpenOffice......well.......... okay..... even though I have the Microsoft Suite I'll get Libre. What programs of LO should I get.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just FYI, LibreOffice is OpenOffice.org. It's a long, sordid tale of corporate politics. If you have a version 3.x OpenOffice.org, just use that, it'll be okay.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

*whew* for a second I was wait.. I am using Open Office!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
wynteriii

Post by wynteriii »

What does Libre have that Microsoft Office Suite does not? Do I need to install the whole package or just their version of Word?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

You really don't install "part" of LibreOffice... it's an all-or-nothing deal. But you don't have to let it take over the Microsoft file types (it will ask as part of the installation) if you have actual Microsoft products to do the job.

It's just that MS Office doesn't particularly like Open Document format (the standardized format used by OpenOffice.org, LibreOffice, and AbiWord). If you use LibreOffice exclusively when working on supplements for BFRPG, they will look and feel exactly like ours, and thus be acceptable for publication on the site.

You may also need some fonts; since you have MS Office, you probably already have Century Gothic, so Soutane and SoutaneBlack should be all you need. I have a revised copy of those fonts, corrected by a font guru just for us, which I can send you, but you'll need to email me (address below). I'll reply with the file.

Don't ask what he changed, or I'll have to go look it up.