Nekron99's Encounters/Maps

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Nekron99

Re: Nekron99's Encounters/Maps

Post by Nekron99 »

Thanks guys.
As with everything on here, grab what you want and or need. I made this stuff using BFRPG free assets, so they are yours/everyone's technically, to use as you wish.
I am not saying these maps are better than the originals (where applicable), it is just that I like things to be dress right dress and uniform, so I like my maps to all match.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

This little map is based off of a two page dungeon from Trilemma Adventures and is copyright Michael Prescott through CC, BY, NC, SA. http://blog.trilemma.com/
Mikes original adventure is called "A Litany in Scratches" and I have changed the maps to fit my current campaign and players. Mostly I shrank some of the encounter areas down a bit since my group likes short little dungeons. But for the most part the rest is just like the original. If you are interested, check out his other little adventures, as most are free downloads.

The Monastery of the High Uttvelt, was dedicated to a small sect of monks who worshiped the sun and moon, but they fell when one of their members brought in a book of blasphemous knowledge that allowed a demonic entity to take over their minds and it was eventually their downfall.

One thing you may note is the lack of doors, this is because in the adventure, a group of kobolds took every single piece of wood and used it as a barricade against the evils in the catacombs. The giant Vampire bush (tree) is now growing from the catacombs and invading the upper stories and flooded lower passages.
Really, it is an interesting little adventure and one that can easily be converted over to Basic Fantasy, so I highly recommend you going over and checking them all out.
Other than that...enjoy the map.
Attachments
lvl1.jpg
lvl1.jpg (391.66 KiB) Viewed 494 times
lvl2.jpg
lvl2.jpg (250.03 KiB) Viewed 494 times
crypt.jpg
crypt.jpg (236.97 KiB) Viewed 494 times
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

I am currently running the group through the Adventure Anthology 1 adventure of "Deathcrypt of Khaldun" by Scott A. Murray.
The Chapel listed in the adventure is not mapped out, and really it does not need to be since this is an old school adventure that starts on the stairs leading down, but, me being me, I needed to map it out just for my own sanity.
So here is the Chapel. I did make some slight changes that can be ignored if the DM desires. The adventure says the stairs down are in plain sight, but since the Deathcrypt is supposed to have been hidden and secret, I placed it under a secret door behind the alter. Given the proclivity of my group to search for secret doors in any given situation, it was not hard for them to find. But if you choose not to go that route, then just say the trapdoor in the floor is open or at least in plain sight.
The Chapel has been abandoned for many years and is in serious disrepair, sections of wall and ceiling have fallen, littering the floor with ruble.
The four black pillars represent four magical braziers, still lit and burning after all these years.
Here is the description given in the adventure in case you need it.
1. THE CHAPEL:
Patches of loose snow and ice cover the broken stone floor of this small chapel. The dull orange flames of burning braziers cast deep shadows along the frostbitten walls. A frozen fountain sits against the west wall, and a spiral staircase descends into gloom. An icy wind howls through the evergreens outside and slips through the opening of the chapel.
So enjoy.

Note: This is a double post, as I was asked by Chris to also post this over in the AA1 Adventure Anthology 1 thread.
Attachments
Chapel AA1 Deathcrypt of Khaldun.png
Chapel AA1 Deathcrypt of Khaldun.png (136.75 KiB) Viewed 368 times