Session Two Tomorrow.

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
JDJarvis

Session Two Tomorrow.

Post by JDJarvis »

Session two of my new campaign tomorrow. I'm a die-hard house-ruler myself and find the framework and strong foundation BFRPG provides to be excellent. The current group includes 2 couples and a child, and old middle-school friend and his son, along with my wife and son. 9 PCS, would have been 10 but one of the players just got a new job in a state away. I love GMing for fair-sized groups like this. Today I have some time to add to my setting encounter guide which is currently at 384 pages for entries on the map grid like this:
----
z5:
Treasure
In a collapsed ancient mine there is an a dangerous TRAP to harm those attempting to steal a Dust tracing of Fine Earth Motes .
Treasure
Settler(s) NM 3 Monks(Heretic) bearing Duff arms and garb.
Cultists(Dracomancer)
Keep with 40 Dwaddles bearing Shoddy gear and garb.
---

I'm slowly expanding on and detailing the entries. I can easily fill a session or more with just a couple of those lines and additional notes. (I have a file of encounter maps ready to use in a moment).

My weapon and armor table is over 100 pages of entries like this:
Fine Silver Maul,+1 to hit,1d10+1,WSF:9,+2 to Stun, ST:+1,(-2/-4),500 sp
Fine Silver Dart,+1 to hit,1d3+1,WSF:3,Range:20/40/60,ST:+1,(-2/-4),50 sp
Fine Silver Javelin,+1 to hit,1d4+1,WSF:4,Range:10/30/50,ST:+1 ,(-2/-4),100 sp
Fine Silver Spear,+1 to hit,1d6/1d8+1,WSF:5,Range:10/20/30,ST:+1, (-2/-4),250 sp
Fine Silver Polearm,+1 to hit,1d10+1,WSF:8,ST:+1, (-3/-5),625 sp

(they are table entries in my notes) There's a fait number of house rule notes in there, and prices set to the campaign economy. There's an entry for each of over two dozen weapons, in 9 materials and 11 qualities. Massive amounts of campaign specific materials like this are possible because the framework provided by the game is so strong and easy to add onto without knocking everything apart like a house of cards.

Just loving BFRPG and what I can do with it and how easy it is to share with others at the table.
Last edited by JDJarvis on Fri May 12, 2023 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toddlyons

Re: Session Two Tomorrow.

Post by toddlyons »

JDJarvis wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:56 am The current group includes 2 couples and a child, and old middle-school friend and his son, along with my wife and son. 8 PCS, would have been 9 but one of the players just got a new job in a state away.
Wow! Sounds like a... party. :lol:

It's great when you can get that much energy into a room. Have fun. :D
JDJarvis

Re: Session Two Tomorrow.

Post by JDJarvis »

toddlyons wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:01 pm
JDJarvis wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:56 am The current group includes 2 couples and a child, and old middle-school friend and his son, along with my wife and son. 8 PCS, would have been 9 but one of the players just got a new job in a state away.
Wow! Sounds like a... party. :lol:

It's great when you can get that much energy into a room. Have fun. :D
Of course it would help if I could count, there are 9 players instead of 10. (I'm starting to wonder if my old group that had 10-14 players in it actually did now). My wife and one of the other players are acting as co-ordinators doing the scheduling and making sure everyone can make it to leave me with the job of campaign creation and GMing.

I have to work the room a little better this session to make sure all the players get the appropriate time to shine.