#Dungeon23 #CommunityEdition - Level 3 (March)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
shaneward

Re: #Dungeon23 #CommunityEdition - Level 3 (March)

Post by shaneward »

coureur_d_bois wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:27 am
shaneward wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:47 am Room 17 should probably have a leprechaun
Good idea. Did you have a cool encounter in mind?
Not yet. Going to let it stew for a bit
Check out my little OSR Blog when you have time http://3toadstools.blogspot.ca/
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Room 19 - The Petrified Ball

***Boxed Text***
When you push the large doors, they open on a smaller room that appears to have been decorated with garlands and pennants. More striking are the statues standing all around the room that seem to be arranged in a way that reminds a ball or some kind of dancing gathering. The scene seems to have been froze and then forgotten and the room is covered in covered in a thick layer of dust.
***End Boxed Text***

Note to GM: The statues present in this room where once elves that were tricked into this room by the One True King who invited this delegation for a masked ball before changing them all to stone with a powerful spell. For the occasion, the room had been decorated as if a real ball was to occur though it was only a subterfuge to corner the elves in this room to turn them to stone all at once. The One True King did so fearing that these elves were plotting against him

There are exactly twelve elves in the room, six men and six women. They are all petrified (as in the Flesh to Stone spell) and all appear to have been while they were dancing. This happened a little less than six hundred years ago.

If the players manage to turn the elves back to flesh, they will not realize what happened and will simply say that they were dancing. The reanimated elves will try to find a quick and practical way to reanimate they others (which there aren't many). If they can't, they will leave the dungeon seeking help from the closest eleven community they know of. The elves all have a very limited knowledge of the upper levels of the dungeon and no knowledge what so ever of the lower levels.

A reanimated elf has 80% chance of being a fighter and 20% of being a magic user. All elves are level 3. They carry no gear for battle, are all dressed in luxurious clothing, and each carry 2d8 x 100 gp worth of jewellery.
Last edited by coureur_d_bois on Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Random Encounter - Wererats

1d8 Lycanthrope, Wererat (Total 9)

Lycanthrope, Wererat: AC 13 (s), HD 3*, #At 1 bite or 1 weapon, Dam 1d4 bite or 1d6 or by weapon, Mv 40', Sv F3, Ml 8, XP 175 ea.

11: ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐
7: ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐
16: ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐
9: ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐
14: ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐
17: ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐
17: ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐
11: ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐
13: ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐

When encountered, the wererats will have a 2 in 6 chance of being in their ratman form, else they will appear as humans. Additionally, the Wererats will be...
  1. Looking for a place to rest.
  2. Are fleeing from a threat.
  3. Are on their way to (roll 1d6) 1-2: level 4; 3-4: level 2; 5-6: level 1.
  4. Are trying to find a way to infiltrate (roll 1d6) 1-3: the dwarves; 4-6: the bugbears.
  5. Are interested by (roll 1d6) 1-2: what is in room 6; 3-4: the automaton in room 20; 5-6: the statues in room 13.
  6. Are looking for something to eat.
Last edited by coureur_d_bois on Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Updated master post.

We are behind for rooms 17 and 21.
Rik Pease

Post by Rik Pease »

Room 24 - The Bolt-hole

**Boxed Text**
The doorway leads into a modest room. On the north wall is a cot which is covered with fine furs.
On the opposite wall is a finely carved work desk. A candle is stuck into an old wine bottle, wax has dripped down the side from use. There are bottles containing coloured powders, each is marked with alchemical symbols.
Bookcases line the east wall, there are numerous rotten books and ruined manuscripts.
**End Boxed Text**

GM note: A scholarly mage created this room as a place to rest and research in peace away from the noise of the surface world. He has long faded from memory but some of his worldly possessions remain.
Each of the small bottles can be sold for 100gp, there are 97 in total.
In a hidden compartment on the left front leg of the desk (check as for secret doors) is a metal case. Within is a spell scroll - Web, Hold Person.
The central bookcase is also a secret door which leads to room 23 - The Zombraire's Library. It is activated by pushing one of the books on the second shelf down. The whole bookcase spins on a cantilever, the reverse is also a bookcase.
Last edited by Rik Pease on Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That which does not kill you is likely to still hurt alot, so best avoid it if possible.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Room 21 - Safe Room

***Boxed text***
The door to this room has been left open. This room is completely empty and appears to have been for quite some time.
***End Boxed Text***

Note to GM: There isn't anything in this room, though it appears that it can be barred from the inside with a heavy iron mechanism. Moreover, the door is made of dense oak wood and reinforced with iron plates and nails. There is no way to close or open the door from the outside if it has been barred from the inside.

If the players decide to rest in this room with the room closed, random encounters should be checked once every two hours rather than once every two turns. Moreover, the only way to force open the door should be with a ram or another heavy device. Hence even if a random encounter occurs, there should be little chances that the encountered creature can make its way into the room.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Updated master post.

We are behind for rooms 17 and 22, and 23.
shaneward

Post by shaneward »

Room 17 Leprechaun room

Work in progress.

I can't find stats for a leprechaun.

There is a leprechaun in this room who has decided to move into the dungeon to be away from people trying to take his treasure. He has a large bag of jewels (worth approx 500 go.)

He may part with half his treasure if the PCs can answer three Riddles correctly.

If he is feeling threatened he will cast invisibility and grab his bag and run.

Riddle 1.
Q: Give me a drink, and I will die. Feed me, and I'll get bigger. What am I?
A: A fire.

Riddle 2
Q: What appears once in a minute, twice in a moment, but not once in a thousand years?
A: The letter "M."

Riddle 3
Q: I’m always on the dinner table, but you don’t get to eat me. What am I?
A: Plates and silverware.

If any of the riddles are answered incorrectly the leprechaun will cast sleep and steal 50 percent of any treasure carried by the PCs.
Check out my little OSR Blog when you have time http://3toadstools.blogspot.ca/
leon

Post by leon »

Leprechauns are in FG2.

Leprechaun: AC 19, HD 1**, #At 1 miniature weapon, Dam 1d2, Mv 30', Sv M1 (+ bonuses), Ml 5, XP 49, #Ap 1, Tr M (5,000 to 40,000 gp)
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
Rik Pease

Post by Rik Pease »

Room 23 - The Zombraire's Library

**Boxed Text**
This ornate octagonal chamber is lined with bookshelves filled with ancient rotting tomes and crumbling scrolls. In the centre of the library is a finely carved desk with a single skull placed in the centre. It has a candle stuck to it with melted wax.
**End Boxed Text**

The central bookcase on the West wall is also a secret door which leads to Room 24 - The Bolt-hole. It is activated by pushing one of the books on the second shelf down. The whole bookcase spins on a cantilever, the reverse is also a bookcase.

The room is home to a Zombraire who in its maddened state still tries to read the ruined works around it. Once per day it prays silently for guidance to a forgotten god. This prayer can last up to two hours, therefore, there is a 1 in 12 chance that the Zombraire will be unprepared for intruders. If this is the case it will be seated at the desk, otherwise it will have cast Invisibility and lie in wait.
The Zombraire is always seeking wands and scrolls, and wants to reverse the process of decay so it might live once more. To that end it will trick and deceive any spellcaster it encounters.

Zombraire: AC 14, HD 5*, #At 1 dagger or spell, Dam 1d4, Mv 20', Sv M5, Ml 10, XP 405
Spells: magic missile, protection from good, hold person, invisibility, fly

Items: wand of magic detection (7 charges), ring of protection +2

HP 28 ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐
That which does not kill you is likely to still hurt alot, so best avoid it if possible.