Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 1

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
gabeprime

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 1

Post by gabeprime »

With the changes being done to the field guide, new gaps may come up. Just putting my hand up in case you need art for the book.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I've posted this in Core Rules but want to mention it here too.
Core Rules and FG1 both have a Dinosaur, Deinonychus both have different descriptions and stat blocks. Please go to the Core Rules question to answer which should be used. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=776&start=1760#p86851
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I lost track with all the licensing events and they're backtracking and 5.1 SRD now CC; were we still proceeding with a combined single Field Guide, or keeping separate?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

We need a lot of individual consents to do the Field Guides as they were. I think creating a combined book is the smart thing here.

Dimi has already collected the consent data. When I get a moment I'll take a look and we can discuss what we'll be able to assemble.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Reminder: if you haven't emailed Solo yet to consent for your work to be re-licensed under CC BY-SA please do so (if you have and don't see your name/handle on this page, please email him again):

Send an email to solomoriah@basicfantasy.org saying:

I, [your name here as it appears in the credits], hereby grant to Chris Gonnerman my consent to change the license of any work I have done on any Basic Fantasy Project document to the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

Without this your entry(ies) from Field Guide 1 can't be used in the upcoming combined Field Guide.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

For those contributors whose handle you know, Chi, you can feel free to PM them directly to ask. If you can't figure out who someone is or someone doesn't get back to you, let me know via PM and I'll see if I have their email in my address book.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

I have a suggestion.

Since Field Guide is getting updated, maybe we could provide random tables with new monsters (like it is done in Iron Falcon Handbook of Monsters)? I find such tables quite useful.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Will the single volume field guide also contain entries from the core rules? I know duplication is nasty for maintenance, but having a single reference with all the major creatures would be very useful at the table. Otherwise even with a single volume field guide there is still the question of which book a creature is in.
I'm also on RPGG
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

No, only new entries will be in it. Adventures should still note (at least in their intro) if a monster is in the Field Guide. Also, there will still be the Monster Index 8-) It will of course be fully revised/updated once the new Core Rules and Field Guide are out.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Thanks. I can always print my own by manually mixing pages and then comb binding.
I'm also on RPGG