AA1 Adventure Anthology 1

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA1 Adventure Anthology One

Post by Solomoriah »

So, I never got it drawn, but Nekron99 did in his maps thread. Naturally I grabbed them and will integrate them into the manuscript.

Nekron99, I don't remember how you like to be credited. Are you already in there?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Tim White is fine by me. My kids will get a kick out of seeing my name on something other than bill.
If you need any other maps redone must let me know. I love using that program.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

I'm currently running Gold in the Hills for my level 2 party. I noticed a tiny typo in R21. Page 4, the stat block for the tentacle worm has AC 40' instead of Mv 40'. I noticed because the players dropped some rocks and a flaming torch into the mineshaft to see what's down there right at the end of the session, so it's tentacle worm time at the next :)

This is my first post here, so I hope this is the right thread to post things to.

Todd may be happy to know that Beathan O'Brien (Chrysogon's Coterie) cautioned against such an action.
I'm also on RPGG
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

JugglinDan wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:04 am Todd may be happy to know that Beathan O'Brien (Chrysogon's Coterie) cautioned against such an action.
Always a pleasure to hear that the book is being used, especially this early in its existence.

Thanks, Dan. :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Note for Production Team (specifically Chi): I just added Ray Allen to the consent list. Not sure who else you need consent from here.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

CC consents:
Ray Allen - yes
Rob Pinnell - no
Russ Westbrook - no
Beneath Brymassen - ?
Onno Tasler - no
Jason Reilly - yes
Scott A. Murray - no
David Grant Sinclair - no
Comrade87

Re: AA1 Adventure Anthology 1

Post by Comrade87 »

So…. Merilla's Magic Tower Question (s)

There’s no descriptors for the first level tower entrance, though it does describe a circular wooden stair case in the center of a circle (I’m guessing this is the first level)

But the map shows it walled off with what appears to be a ‘secret’ door, but nothing in the description says anything about a door, let alone about it being secret? Is this supposed to be there?

The only other minor (very minor) inquiries consist of what is lighting this place up? How tall are the rooms? and I’m going to guess the circular dots represent pillars. (All can be made up on the fly by a DM of course, but I’m just giving my thoughts)
Nekron99

Re: AA1 Deathcrypt of Khaldun Chapel map

Post by Nekron99 »

Here is a map I did for the Deathcrypt of Kaldun. It is the first encounter area, that is technically not an encounter, just the Chapel that contains the entrance to the dungeon, but since there was a description in the adventure, I figured I would do up a map.

The description states that the spiral stairs are visible, but the background for the adventure says that the Deathcrypt is hidden. So, I placed a trapdoor behind the alter, covered with debris or fallen leaves etc thereby hiding the stairs. If you choose to not go that route, then just say the trapdoor is open, revealing the staircase.

The dark pillars (4 of them) located in the room represent the burning braziers mentioned in the descriptive text. I made them magical in my go through, otherwise how are they still burning in an abandoned Chapel?

Use this as you will. I created it with the Mapmatic app, found free here on the BFRPG site.
Attachments
Chapel AA1 Deathcrypt of Khaldun.png
Chapel AA1 Deathcrypt of Khaldun.png (136.75 KiB) Viewed 655 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Take a look at this and tell me what you think.

I think it needs a monster encounter...
Attachments
Chapel-of-Khaldun-r1.pdf
(189.7 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Chapel-of-Khaldun-r1.odt
(141.74 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

That looks great.

With the seasonal info provided by the adventure text, you could go with either a wolf pack, or 3-4 Dire Wolves using the Chapel as a lair. You could use a Bear, but they are solitary and might not provide a challenge to 5-6th level characters (unless you make it a Grizzly at 5HD).

Regardless if they are there then the stairs would definitely need to be hidden.

Placing some sort of undead in the Chapel might work. The last of the worshipers who killed themselves after sealing the crypt.

Oh, wait. There are quite a few statues that come alive in the adventure and even a demonic gargoyle, so why not have the two statues be regular gargoyles? Their orders are to guard the entrance to the crypt. At 4HD each they should be sufficient challenge for a decent party.