The Valley of Kings

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
UptonGames

The Valley of Kings

Post by UptonGames »

The Valley of Kings, a mini-campaign originally written for AD&D 1e with ascending armour class and appropriate to-hit bonuses indicated.
Attachments
Valley of Kings.docx
(8.04 MiB) Downloaded 153 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: The Valley of Kings

Post by Solomoriah »

Interesting work... I'll spend a little time going over it later, but for now I have to ask if you are intending to release this as a BFRPG adventure under the same Creative Commons BY-SA license the Core Rules is switching to? We need to know for sure before we dig in to this one.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
UptonGames

Post by UptonGames »

Yes, an old school release would be a good idea. I have prepared this as best I could for publication as that is my intention.
I had originally intended it to be published for AD&D 1st Edition, as that is what I have played since about 1985. However I did start in B/X and that is what I seem to be playing/running these days. Especially since the Hasbro fiasco I have been looking for a different - but not too different - and better-organized platform for my role-playing. I believe I have found it.
UptonGames

Post by UptonGames »

Well, I was hoping that someone would give me some kind of comment on this. I guess it's just being ignored.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I'll take a look at it!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Upton, you mentioned in another thread about reformatting one of your adventures. Is it this one? If you are not working on it, I can. I actually thought Chi might get to it, but we're all pretty busy right now.

BTW... if you were hoping for comments from non-Production Team members, you might want to post a PDF as well. A lot of people who post here don't look at documents that aren't in PDF format.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
noblekeon

Post by noblekeon »

I agree that a throwback release would be awesome. Since I hope to get this published, I did everything I could to get it in publication-ready shape.
Since I have been playing Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition since around 1985, it is the edition for which I had originally planned publication. I got my start in B/X, though, and that's where my focus is currently. I've been seeking for a new, but not too different, and more organized platform to do my role-playing on ever since the Hasbro debacle. I think I've figured it out.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Too busy with other things to notice this back in March.

I'll give it a quick read.

Obviously, the references to AD&D, Monster Manual, etc would have to be altered.
Seven

Post by Seven »

The pictures for the first 2 caves are interesting.
Ideally, it would be nice to have them in a format where they can be shown to the players, possibly one illustration per page.

The formatting for The Raiders is all over the place. (For me and my version of libre office anyway.) I'm still on a 32 bit laptop. :P
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

We haven't received clear/explicit permission to put this into the BFRPG format, along with its licensing.
This document will have to be massively changed, effectively gutted, torn apart, and re-done by many others to bring it in line for BFRPG format.
Does that sit well with the author?