Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
toddlyons

Re: Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Post by toddlyons »

Sounds like it would make them easier to use. I envisioned this as a table book where you could grab a character and go, running a defined personality type with stats. One of those situations might certainly be instant melee.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, don't trust the output of the Dungeoneer suite, it has bugs.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've caught up to date, I think, on the pictures. I'm going to make a quick pass to try to fix at least some of the damage figures that Dungeoneer got wrong, and then I'll share the work-in-progress. Not at all sure I've added all the images; I have this vague memory that there was a list somewhere that I may have mislaid. But someone will tell me what I've done wrong...
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:42 am I'm going to make a quick pass to try to fix at least some of the damage figures that Dungeoneer got wrong
Even with the minor bugs, it's still a wonderful tool. Sometimes the idea for the character began with the random output. A Magic-User with 17 strength has got to have a story to explain his career choice.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Uploading now. I did the damage figures down through 4th level, but then I got tangled up in the sections and ended up removing and rebuilding the sections from there down.

The flow is awful right now, but as I'm sure we're waiting artwork (and in fact I might have missed some), it's not something I'm worried about. If anyone else edits this, and you break the flow, do not try to fix it. I'll just have to undo whatever you've done (unless you know the subtle and annoying art of flow hammering, but I think that's just me right now).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Chrysogon's Coterie, Release 18 -- March 24, 2023
This updated release contains some additional artwork and some corrections. The flow is a mess, but as we are waiting for more artwork it's not presently a priority.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html ... onscoterie
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:15 am If anyone else edits this, and you break the flow, do not try to fix it. I'll just have to undo whatever you've done (unless you know the subtle and annoying art of flow hammering, but I think that's just me right now).
With your permission, I'd like to take a swing at it. A got a bit of comfort with images with the module I recently made.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

At first glance, I can see that the PD art isn't there. I'd like to add it in, even if it's replaced later or deleted outright.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Go ahead and do the edit, but leave the art to me. I knew I'd forgotten something... I'll have to find that list of PD art assignments, and when you get your edited copy back to me I'll add them in. Most of the images will need to be edited to get them into the right format, and I'd prefer to deal with that myself.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:04 am I'll have to find that list of PD art assignments, and when you get your edited copy back to me I'll add them in.
OK, here's Release 19.
  • It reintroduces Canadian spelling and folds in some fixes from earlier in this thread that hadn't made it in yet (most had been done).
  • Regina Pictor is the only one from the first round that didn't get a photo added. I'll attach that picture below, too.
  • The PD art character assignments are in the R2 document I uploaded to Dropbox.
Thanks, Solo.

(r19 replaced; see next message)
Attachments
Regina Pictor by Gabe Fua.jpeg
Regina Pictor by Gabe Fua.jpeg (1013.5 KiB) Viewed 223 times
Last edited by toddlyons on Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.