Just to say thanks.

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
neutral

Just to say thanks.

Post by neutral »

Usually I don't interact too much on forums, but I just want to say thanks for sharing this amazing RPG. Last time I played was more than 30 years ago, but BF did hit the nostalgia button on me, it's feels almost like the games I played as a child. I found a group of newbies that want to play and I did prep a setup for us. This weekend will be our first game. Wish me luck, I never DM before, I will also be a newbie too. 😂
Thanks for this amazing game.
My setup:
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Just to say thanks.

Post by Solomoriah »

Nice pics! Glad you're enjoying the game, and also, welcome!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

I love your GM screen. 8-) I need to make one like that.
neutral

Post by neutral »

toddlyons wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:10 pm I love your GM screen. 8-) I need to make one like that.
Thanks, I used art from old D&D modules and made one myself with cardboard, glue and contact paper (it's the name of a transparent adhesive plastic on my country). I made some mistakes but it's very usable and resistant. Also I think it brings an old school feeling to the table that helps to set the atmosphere.
Last edited by neutral on Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neutral

Post by neutral »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:16 pm Nice pics! Glad you're enjoying the game, and also, welcome!
Thank you for all your work on it. It was a very cool reading I'm sure it will be a blast playing. I hope I can be a good DM.
Mars

Post by Mars »

I'm new to being DM (aka GM) too, and I've been having a ton of fun with it. This is a great ruleset for first-timer GMs, I think. It's got a good, logical structure, but it doesn't bog you down with too many rules. You can use what's there as a basis that guides you when you need to improvise and make things up. I think you've made an excellent choice. :)

And yes, your DM screen looks very cool!
Check out my online dice store: https://thediceking.com.
bugleyman

Post by bugleyman »

Nice setup. Are those Sly Flourish style tokens I see? :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama