Almost ready to start Teluria

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
teluria

Almost ready to start Teluria

Post by teluria »

Looking for players for a BFRPG game online using Open RPG and Mumble.

Light fantasy setting using standard BFRPG rules with homebrew rules based on player and DM preferences.

Teluria is heavily influenced by Gordon R Dickson's Dragon series, Terry Pratchett, Chalker's Dancing Gods series, Stasheff's Wizard in Rhyme and Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger series.

First quest features a lovesick wizard and a flying pig, but there will be lots more to explore and learn.

Have lots of source material written and will start posting it to the Campaign website soon

www(dot)guildlittledog(dot)org
Plagiarism is the sincerest form of Appreciation
Sir Bedivere

Re: Almost ready to start Teluria

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Sounds like fun!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I am assuming this is a live chat and/or voice game. I went to your site, but there is no mention of what day and time you plan on playing.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I wish I could join, but I simply have completely erratic ability to participate in anything. I am online at a computer much of the day, but sometimes via remote access, sometimes for only a few minutes at a time, and sometimes my availability is off-normal hours compared to the vast majority of people (such as being on at the crack of dawn 430/5am-ish mst).

Enjoy the game and keep everyone updated with progress!!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
teluria

Post by teluria »

Haven't decided what day, I'm thinking probably Friday or Saturday nights.

I'm going to start lining up players and then work around their needs and schedules. I have a philosophy that the players are as much the audience as they are the actors, and the customer is always right since they can vote with their feet.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I'd like to play as long as the game isn't limited to a "G" rating. I'm not saying I want it dirty, but I don't want to have to pretend kids and PC mothers are playing.
teluria

Post by teluria »

I don't plan on it being nasty,though the odd bit of bawdy might sneak in. I'm not much for foul language or anything completely rude, as I prefer my suggestive to remain in the realm of double entendre as opposed to beating people over the head with it.

I'm still learning how to use Open RPG, so I may start with Screen Monkey and graduate to Open RPG later on.

If you're interested, register at the website and download the Mumble client. For now, no need to load Open RPG.

It'll probably be another couple of weeks before I'm ready to get started.
teluria

Post by teluria »

Introductory document to Teluria attached.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or if something isn't clear. It's only at the beginning stages.

I just registered www.teluria.org as a domain which will turn into the campaign website as soon as I get the wiki set up properly.
Attachments
Teluria.pdf
(100.35 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

I'm looking at my availability on this one.

Quick question on races and classes: You start out noting that Humans can become any class, and note the others as tending to go for certain classes - but not what is specifically barred or allowed. The trick comes up between Dwarves (which doesn't list Cleric) and Halflings (which does list Illusionist). I know it's a draft, but I'm curious what your plans are on the race/class mix - since it looks like you've got some changes in mind.
Go with a smile!
teluria

Post by teluria »

i list them as tendencies since they reflect the general nature of each race. However any race can play any class, but the character concept conversation may be a lot more interesting.

for example a dwarven mage in one of my campahigns ended up with a back story that he was an outcast because he had magical ability. his reason for venturing out was to regain his place in dwarven society.