Credits

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Credits

Post by Solomoriah »

If you have done work on any of our documents and need to be credited, you need to send me a private message giving the name you want to be credited under. Your real name will be kept confidential among members of the production team (but of course will appear in the documents for which you are credited).

Production Team Members: I've created a file in the Projects folder with the forum-handle-to-credits-name map in it. Please consult if you need to add a credit. Don't use anyone's real name in the public forum areas unless they already have.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
toddlyons

Re: Credits

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:36 pm If you have done work on any of our documents and need to be credited, you need to send me a private message giving the name you want to be credited under.
Hi Solo,

It might be good to clarify what "work" means, in this context.

I've made a lot of suggestions about monster names (two were chosen), spell names, magic item names and characteristics, new slogan, rosetta stone, version management (git, wiki), typo catches (Sangfoil, Dragon section, flicker beast), input on racial and gender issues (most recently, trollwives), and a lot of information informing the decision about licensing. Probably some other stuff I've forgotten.

So... a lot of idea generation but only a few that were enacted, and only a handful of edits. I don't know if it's significant or not.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

IANS (I Am Not Solo :lol: ) but:
If you've made suggestions or given ideas that made to the file: you are a contributor.
If you've found any error: You are a proofreader.
If your art is used on the file: You are an artist.
And, if you are Harry Potter: You're a Wizard :P
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Suggestions as small as a name do not usually get you on the contributor's list, but even a little more (like a description) usually does.

Normally nobody appears on more than one list. If you contributed and proofed, you'll be on the contributor's list. The only exception is artists: because of the rights assignment, I always give them explicit art credit, and also credit the highest-ranked other thing they've done (if any).

Generally only an author can put someone on the playtester list.
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

For checking sections that have SRD text, is that proofreader?
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

gabeprime wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:08 pm For checking sections that have SRD text, is that proofreader?
Yes.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, it is. And artists are the exception to the one-credit rule, due mainly to the fact that I want to maintain a list in the document of the people who have separately licensed materials to me.