Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post by Solomoriah »

Rested and refreshed, the adventurers gathered in the cellar, and carefully they moved aside the crates and barrels they had used to block the gap in the wall.

I'll need a marching order, then tell me how you want to proceed.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nekron99

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven will be taking the prestigious and oft misunderstood rear position. Torch and shield in one hand, mace in the other, he shall endeavor to provide spiritual guidance from this heroic position.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

After a hearty breakfast and acquiring 6 torches from wherever torches, Shybolt will lead off down the stairs and through the explored passages slowly all the way to the junction with the unexplored passage that turned east where we went west to go to the sacrifice room previously. he will inspect each step for anything out of the ordinary such as discoloration from surrounding blocks, slippery surface, loose construction, mold etc and watching for any changes since last we were down here. Every so often he will look up at the ceiling to watch for murder holes, loose blocks, nets, mold, wetness, or anything else that might make him worry. He'll also inspect the walls for loose or discolored bricks, holes that might indicate peep holes or dart traps, secret doors, etc. He knows that heavily armored Grumm will be moving slowly so he can take extra time to be careful. He will stop and listen often to hear what might be ahead. He will continue in this manner until he sees, hears, smells a change in his situation. Behind him (unless they say differently) will follow Grumm, Timorel and Brother Arven, who will be watching our back.

If we make it to this junction without running into trouble we can then decide which way to go. If anyone behind him indicates they would like to look into any of the rooms we have already cleared he will stop and wait for them to satisfy their curiosity.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven watches Shybolt slowly move down the passage. He tries to look at the ceiling and floor as he passes to see if he can determine just what the little bugger is looking at.
Jittery little fellow, he thinks to himself. Every few feet he looks backward to make sure that nothing is following him.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will march behind Shybolt, but give him about a 10 yard lead so he can scout. He'll have his shortbow at the ready.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Holding for an update from Timorel.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel will take his place after Grumm. He'll look back regularly to make sure Arven is OK. He has his sword out.

OOC: I'm traveling and may not be able to check in again until Monday.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

At the foot of the stairs, the adventurers noticed blood trails and drag marks on the floor. Scattered here and there were the footprints of small humanoids, goblins or kobolds perhaps. The trails appeared to lead from the eastern passageway to the southern.

Meeting no resistance, the party proceeded down the eastern passage. At the junction, Shybolt could see that the blood trails led north. The passage to the south was dusty, and he could see no footprints in that dust.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

"They certainly need a housekeeper down here" Brother Arven whispers, "My dorm Father would have smacked me upside the head for leaving a blood trail like that. You know that's the problem with these humanoids these days they...." He looks up and sees the glares from the others. "Um, right then, more watching the rear, less talking, got it."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Shall we follow the blood trail south or explore the dusty passage?"