Looking for a specific thread.

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Metroknight

Looking for a specific thread.

Post by Metroknight »

I have a specific module that was written for BFRPG called "Night of the Necromancer" but I can't find the thread for it. I'm in the process of running it but there are needed edits for that module that I noticed during my reading of it and finding more as the game is continued.

Has anyone seen the thread or read the module? If so then can you give me a link to it?

Thanks for any help.
Joe the Rat

Re: Looking for a specific thread.

Post by Joe the Rat »

I can't find where it came from, but I do have a pdf copy. April 11 mod date, but I don't know if that's from when it was last done, or when I downloaded it.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
Night_of_the_Necromancer.pdf
(224.15 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
Go with a smile!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ray "maddog" Allen was an early contributor; I don't think he's around here anymore, though.

... okay, just checked on DF. maddog's last post was 10/25/2009, in the New Monsters thread. His given website address can't be contacted, so no joy there. I did a search, and the only other reference to him seems to be on a site devoted to a railroad game (software) where the last update date I've been able to identify is in 2008.

He's disappeared. Egad, I never noticed.

I sent him an email message at the last address I had for him, but the last time he sent me a message from that address was 2007. I also PMed him on Dragonsfoot.

Here's hoping he's alright.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I was just wondering. It is an interesting module and I'm running a group through it while expanding on it. I just happened to notice errors in it while getting ready for the game.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I found him... on my Friends list on Facebook. (insert facepalm here.) Apparently, he moved over to the Piazza for development of his own d20-based game. I've asked him about getting a source format version of this module so we can get it into standard format; if he agrees, you'll be able to work on getting it in shape.

What sort of expansions have you been doing?
maddog

Post by maddog »

Hey all!

Solo found me. Yes, I did write NotN and released it over on DF. I had this idea for awhile but wasn't so happy with the dungeon. With a heavy dose of burnout I set it aside and never made it back. That was back in 2009 or earlier. The DF thread can be found here....

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... r+#p526650

As with everything I have written for BFRPG, it is owned by either Solo or the BFRPG community. As for updating and editing NotN, I give my permission to do so. Have at editing NotN, Metroknight!

Here's some 'interesting' background on some of the names on the town map. Many of them were real places in Pennsylvania. Barclay, Stull and Laquin were towns (now ghost towns). Schrader and Carbon creeks ran through Laquin, IIRC.

--Ray.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks, maddog!

Metroknight, if you'll hold on a bit, I'll upload a version of this module laid out in standard AA format; then you can hack away to your heart's content.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

The expanding of the module is just adding details and working on cleaning up the errors. I'm also looking at tying in somethings also. Not sure if it will be up to your standards but it is something that I'm doing while running it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I just posted it. I've reformatted the module to the AA standard, but I can't guarantee I got everything right. MK, feel free to download it and amend it as you see fit. Please keep material specific to your campaign out of it, if you would, or at least present it as optional. It would be best if you turned on change tracking (Edit, Changes, Record) so I can see what you've changed. Don't bother generating a PDF since I'll want to go over the flow after you've edited it. Thanks!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Now I find out the right way to track changes!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony