Tiny Solo Adventure III: Deadbeat Potion Shoppe

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
johndice

Tiny Solo Adventure III: Deadbeat Potion Shoppe

Post by johndice »

Heya,

I made another solo pamphlet adventure for BF, this time having fun with what could happen to a wizard making some bad business decisions for his specialty potion shop and ending up in debt with his wizards' guild. Not an unlikely scenario for most of my own wizard characters in basic Fantasy!

Had a lot of fun using some interesting entries from the Field guides for this one!

Anyway, thought I'd share for those in the community who would like some solo-orientated fun in Basic Fantasy :)

Cheerio!

John
Attachments
Deadbeat Potion Shoppe v1.2.pdf
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 951 times
Last edited by johndice on Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmootRK

Re: Tiny Solo Adventure III: Deadbeat Potion Shoppe

Post by SmootRK »

How fun. :D
That said, you should number the panels so it is easier to read through from pdf on screen. Don't especially want to print out until ready to use, eh?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Can't wait to see CaptClyde take a shot at this one
johndice

Post by johndice »

SmootRK wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:35 pm How fun. :D
That said, you should number the panels so it is easier to read through from pdf on screen. Don't especially want to print out until ready to use, eh?
Thanks! I'll definitely think about doing that or maybe combine the three solo adventures into a small pdf booklet. Cheerio!
johndice

Post by johndice »

GrimlinJoe wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:48 pm Can't wait to see CaptClyde take a shot at this one
Keeping my fingers crossed for that as well :)
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

johndice wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:37 am
GrimlinJoe wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:48 pm Can't wait to see CaptClyde take a shot at this one
Keeping my fingers crossed for that as well :)
Haha absolutely! planning on taking this sweet looking little adventure for a spin this week! Thanks as always John for sharing this!
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

"Actual play" video now up at:
https://youtu.be/_-anmDKR7JU

This was another fun adventure that gave me over an hour of play time (with my very direct path) but could easily provide another hour of danger and excitement if I had of used the oracle better (correctly) and/or ran into wandering monsters. As always I am surprised at how much interesting content and potential story is packed into this tiny format. I also appreciated the touch of humor provided. I really like the art and maps you always manage to find. Are they all original or do you have a decent source for such images?

I absolutely adore these pamphlets adventures and have found a whole new collecting hobby in them lol I have all your pamphlets printed and tucked in the back of my BFRPG core book so I can whip them out at a moments notice and GM for people lol.
I hope to see and play through more in the future!

Thank you johndice!
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

CptClyde wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:35 am "Actual play" video now up at:
https://youtu.be/_-anmDKR7JU

This was another fun adventure that gave me over an hour of play time (with my very direct path) but could easily provide another hour of danger and excitement if I had of used the oracle better (correctly) and/or ran into wandering monsters. As always I am surprised at how much interesting content and potential story is packed into this tiny format. I also appreciated the touch of humor provided. I really like the art and maps you always manage to find. Are they all original or do you have a decent source for such images?

I absolutely adore these pamphlets adventures and have found a whole new collecting hobby in them lol I have all your pamphlets printed and tucked in the back of my BFRPG core book so I can whip them out at a moments notice and GM for people lol.
I hope to see and play through more in the future!

Thank you johndice!
Loved the video but man was that adventure brutal. Think I may start my guys at lvl 3.

Really enjoyed your approach to different strategies after a TPK.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

GrimlinJoe wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:29 pm
Loved the video but man was that adventure brutal. Think I may start my guys at lvl 3.

Thank you, lol I wasn't sure what to do after such an early TPK so figured I might as well try again.
Four level 3s may be able to tackle all the monsters head-on more easily for sure. Good luck with your run through. I'd like to hear how it goes for you.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

CptClyde wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:52 pm
GrimlinJoe wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:29 pm

Thank you, lol I wasn't sure what to do after such an early TPK so figured I might as well try again.
Four level 3s may be able to tackle all the monsters head-on more easily for sure. Good luck with your run through. I'd like to hear how it goes for you.
Yeah I figured lvl 1 PCs for the whispering church and whoever survives will be level 2 for Cogpustule's Workshop and then after that they would be level 3 for this adventure. I'll see if I can post a short synopsis of my play here in the forums as long as I make it out alive.