Dimirag's Fighter Options

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dimirag

Dimirag's Fighter Options

Post by Dimirag »

This supplement started on 2015 after some forum discussion about Combat Options, seeing as that supplement can be applied to combat in general (save some options), and Thieves and Magic-Users having their own Option Supplements I decided to start this, but never decided to finish it, until now!!!

Showcase access
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Cumbana820

Re: Fighter Options

Post by Cumbana820 »

Hmmm, I keep clicking on the link to download and it won't respond. Is anyone else having this issue?
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I was able to download but it acted funny because it thinks the linked file is not a ".pdf" i think. My computer just downloaded it but would not automatically open it since the file has no extension I think.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

OK, the Showcase is crashing on me, I can upload files but can't download them nor delete them, so I deleted the whole thing and uploaded the files here on the thread.
Cumbana820

Post by Cumbana820 »

Just a heads up I noticed a mistake in the warning section. It says Please note that not the optional rules here are not meant to be used at the same time and a GM must be
careful of what options allows at the game table.

This looks AWESOME though!
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Thanks! R2 has been uploaded on the first post.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Looks like Chrome doesn't like Showcase files/downloads. Works ok in Edge & Firefox for me.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Thanks for check it out Chii, I've recreated the Showcase content, but will let the files also available here just in case the Chrome's problem continues.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

r3 uploaded with minor corrections.
TrickyNikki

Post by TrickyNikki »

Hey there, looked at your variant rules. Pretty extensive stuff, I like them a lot :)

Here are some ideas, musings.

Increased Hit Points - one other valid option would be a d8+2, I think it’s the only one missing there that’s obvious. Another method for increased Hit Points would be doubling the bonus of Constitution for the fighter’s health, this would allow them to have these benefits without changing the dice. I know that may be too much if you have an 18… but then again, when do you ever have 18?)

Combat Speed - Idea for later give the fighter or maybe the thief an option to go first or last, whatever they want. The D8 is quite a good idea though, so no changes needed.

Fast Healing - need clarification, so do they double the amount Of HP they heal as in 2 instead of 1 the others normally get during rest or does this also apply to magical healing and stuff?

Damage Die Increase - Not much to add except for maybe 2d6 instead of a d12 as that die is almost never used in BF.

Damage Bonus - At later levels I would maybe make the damage bonus have a die in there too? A d2+3 for levels 10-14 and a d4+3 for levels 15-20? keeps it random and players love throwing dice!

Armor Class Bonus - +5 AC is super strong to be honest, that would make some fighters with the right dex and armor impossible to hit. I’d advise maybe this Armor class bonus be more conditional, like the fighter has certain amount of times they can increase their AC in response to a hit and they can only do so a number of times before having to rest and get this ability back. Flat AC bonus is a pretty strong option.

Increased Attack Bonus - I think that AB overall can be a little higher in the core game so this is pretty well done.

Weapon Focus - I’d make it more general, like type of weapon. This way the fighter actually feels like a professional instead of a hobbyist. Add an option for the DM to check mark: Instead of choosing a single weapon, the fighter uses a “type” for their weapon focus, be it all swords, all bows, all polearm and etc.

Extra Attacks - okay… here we go.

Level Based - 12th level is soooo far away, I’d give it to them on the 6th or 7th, otherwise the impact in the game will not be felt at all.

Penalty Based - again, I’d lower it to 3 points, not 4.

Cascade Based - good as is.

Divided Attack Bonus - I like this most of all.

Attack Roll Based - awesome option as well, I’d make it 5 or higher and give it an ability if it’s something crazy like a +15, they get another attack.

Hit Die Based - cool mechanic, not sure why it works this way though.

Combat Points - like the idea, I think this can be developed into its own class actually. If you are interested in that, I can throw around ideas.

Openings - another clever way to make a fighter viable in a given situation, though I think imitative is a bit nonsensical here as an option.

Overall, good ideas here.
Creativity is just a single letter away.