¡Basic Fantasy en español!

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: ¡Basic Fantasy en español!

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, guys, I was just looking in the Translations folder on Dropbox and I noticed some materials that aren't appropriate. Please don't share copyrighted material we don't have rights to in the Dropbox. I'm not going to delete it just yet, but please get it out of there.

ALSO... I hope you aren't copying anything from that source. Not acceptable to even have a hint of such a thing happening.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Clarion

Post by Clarion »

Everything is deleted.
We have not copied a single line.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks, much appreciated!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

So I notice a number of Spanish-tagged files in the Translations folder on Dropbox. Are any of these ready to share?
Artanisace

Post by Artanisace »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:26 am So I notice a number of Spanish-tagged files in the Translations folder on Dropbox. Are any of these ready to share?
Hi Solo! Sorry, didn't get any notification about this thread :(

The files ending in 'luis' and 'pablo' are the ones that might be combined into one. Luis translated big part of the first section of the book, and Pablo (myself) did part of the spells list. They could be combined.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hmm. Combining them seems to be a job for someone who reads the language. I'll leave it to you guys until you let me know you have a combined version.
Artanisace

Post by Artanisace »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:56 am Hmm. Combining them seems to be a job for someone who reads the language. I'll leave it to you guys until you let me know you have a combined version.
I'll do that, will let you know :)
Lpmrojo

Post by Lpmrojo »

Hi, Im a native speaker of spanish and i will like to help with the traslation. Im from South America.
There are some small thing that can be improve in the traslation that is shared in previous posts.

For example when the original text said that a lock is hold by magic in spanish you may said: "está cerrada con magia" and no "esta sostenida por la magia" hold can be translated like "sostenida" but in the context of a lock or a door it is out of place.

Also the spell read magic it is translated as "magia leida" wich is conjugated in the past, the correct way is "leer magia". This happens because read is a irregular verb and its past form is allso read.