Under the Slumbering Rock Solo Adventure

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Rookie555

Re: Under the Slumbering Rock Solo Adventure

Post by Rookie555 »

chiisu81 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:50 am In MapMatic, room numbers can be added by typing "#1", "#2", etc. in the Cell field.
For any other maps I always added them in an image editor.
I see, that helps knowing how to add the numbers.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

It may need to be added on the MapMatic components page
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

hmm from what I did got the numbers on the dungeon map now.
Attachments
1612285912.51.png
1612285912.51.png (22.92 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Editing your document now, and here is a tip and a question:

TIP: When entering the hit points of monsters, a tab (not a space) goes between the number and the checkboxes. The columns won't line up right if you don't do this. (And a note to self... the template may have a problem with the tab stops for WanderingMonster(Body|End) styles.)

QUESTION: Do you intend that the full 10 wolves should be encountered? It looks that way (and it's fine if that's what you intend). I usually give a "total" number (the maximum that can be encountered in the adventure) and then provide a die range for random encounters. But this is up to you, just asking.

I've uploaded a new R5 to the first post in the thread. Please download it and continue your work from there (revising to R6 as you do so, of course).
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:08 pm TIP: When entering the hit points of monsters, a tab (not a space) goes between the number and the checkboxes. The columns won't line up right if you don't do this. (And a note to self... the template may have a problem with the tab stops for WanderingMonster(Body|End) styles.)

QUESTION: Do you intend that the full 10 wolves should be encountered? It looks that way (and it's fine if that's what you intend). I usually give a "total" number (the maximum that can be encountered in the adventure) and then provide a die range for random encounters. But this is up to you, just asking.
Ah ok, yeah i had a bit of trouble with setting up the monsters format and just did what i could. Though as for the wolves. I could change the amount to be a "fair" amount
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I usually go with a random number of monsters to make things interesting. But again, not telling you how to write the module.

The document I uploaded has the space/tab issues resolved already, along with a change in the tabulation for the WanderingMonster* styles that shouldn't have been needed but somehow was.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:08 pm TIP: When entering the hit points of monsters, a tab (not a space) goes between the number and the checkboxes. The columns won't line up right if you don't do this. (And a note to self... the template may have a problem with the tab stops for WanderingMonster(Body|End) styles.)
I've likely never noticed and/or run into this as I've never manually entered this data; I've always used the checkbox generator. Even if what I want is different, I just inflate the values to get more squares, then simply delete off however many.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

I should probably be using bits of the tools section a bit more. especially that checkbox generator that i forgot to ever so use. I would otherwise just learn off of how it was organized in the template and go from there.

Edit: :roll: hmm somehow it seems to continue crashing despite having nothing going on in the new page and just by checking to add some new columns. Ah! now i figured out whats causing it to crash. is there a way to specify that i only want columns to be put into an empty page? beacuse whenever i got to the columns section it wants it to apply to the Page Style: Adventure Key
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

For now, use the adventure template and create a sep. document for each adventure. I or Solo can combine them all into one later on. 8-)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Press ENTER a few times to make some paragraphs, then highlight some of them before applying column format. The columnar area will become a new section covering only the highlighted text.

If your columns are messed up, put the cursor in the messed up columnar area and open the Sections dialog from the Format menu (I think) and delete whatever section is currently selected (it will be the one where your cursor is). Deleting a section does NOT delete content, just formatting. Then re-highlight the area that should be columned and apply the format.

Don't be afraid to delete multiple sections if you somehow get too many of them or they are just really screwed up. Once you get the hang of it that will rarely if ever happen.