Libram Magica

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
LleijS

Re: Libram Magica

Post by LleijS »

daryen wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:45 pm Out of curiosity, does anyone have thoughts about the spells themselves? Any that are particularly problematic or that anyone thinks is cool?
In my experience GMing using 0-Level Spells as an option, "Transfigure", as written, is ripe for abuse.
daryen

Post by daryen »

As this document is a "compilation plus" I can't (and don't want to) change anything in the compilation part. It needs to match the source document.

Now, please know that I agree with you on the spell. I recommend posting your comment in the "0 Level Spells Supplement" topic as I think it is worth discussing.
daryen

Post by daryen »

OK, with my recent invigoration on other efforts, I would like to finally finish off the update for Libram Magica. Since this was done almost a year and a half ago, I will go through the document and post a follow-up update here (if needed).

However, aside from the formatting questions I had been asking Chii about, there is the larger question of how to present the updated Libram Magica. How is best to add it to the Showcase? Is there some way to update Smoot's entry without bugging Smoot? Or should I post it under my name? Doing that will only defer the issue as if someone else wants to update it, then they would have to ask me, and I really don't feel like this supplement's "owner", either. So, what is the best way to get the update posted?

Thanks!
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

As for the credits on the file, just add your name to it.
Solo: Can you, as the Tech/Program Wizard make that in the Showcase one can add other users so two or more people can share a file's property?
Regarding edits, uploads and all that, lets wait for Smoot's words.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Truly, I am very flexible for another to simply assume the "ownership" aspect of the file insofar as the control over the revisions and uploads. If you have showcase access, upload the new file under your credentials with my complete blessings. When a new file/version is up, I will pull down the old one.

Truth be told, although many of the spells are my own creations (either via emulation or inspiration of certain source materials, or completely original), the bulk of the material is aggregate from many others. I would not presume to claim any semblance of ownership over the bulk of the material... though in fairness please keep me in the primary spot of crediting. The work I did for this monster of a tome (pulling in material, creative work, and sheer typing/formatting) was a big endeavor that I should get kudos for...

...but I do WANT others to build upon this and expand it. It deserves that. Move it forward.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
daryen

Post by daryen »

For credits in the file, I just tack my name on to the end. I do need to do some updates first, as I think I messed up some formatting I have to at least figure out some. Also, I never did update my copy to include those spells I wanted to add, so I'll add them, too. But, I figured I should ask where and how to post it a little preemptively so I'd know before I wanted to do it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Transferring ownership of a Showcase entry is easy, but sharing ownership is presently not possible. I'd have to substantially alter the Showcase code to allow that.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
TrickyNikki

Post by TrickyNikki »

Quick thing S, do you think it would be possible to get a printed version of the Magica at some point after this revision? It’s the one book that my players always talk about as being useful if it was ever released akin to Emporium and such.
Creativity is just a single letter away.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

No, sorry. As a compilation of supplements, it falls in the category of things I won't print as part of the Basic Fantasy Project. It's an instance of the Companion Question: https://basicfantasy.org/blog/?p=251
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
TrickyNikki

Post by TrickyNikki »

I see, fair enough :) thank you for your answer.

PS: isn’t Equipment emporium breaking this rule?
Creativity is just a single letter away.