Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Post by chiisu81 »

r42 copied to Projects. Included recent artwork from Zoltors, along with Seven's Fell Manticore revisions.
AlMan: the HD value was already correct in r41.

Also did some more layout work, but of course plenty more of that to do.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Header & footer lines/border need to be removed. FG1 doesn't have them (nor the Core Rules), and for FG3 I've removed them from the next upcoming release.
For now just adventures should have them (may not be in older ones, but it's in the template). May need to decide if should be in the AA & CS series or not (BF & JN series have been around long enough to likely not warrant changing).
Seven

Post by Seven »

The armorer still lacks clarity.

You'd think it would simply be a certain type of cursed armor found as is but it's clearly not that.
It's actually a type of doppleganger that duplicates only armor.
It seems it lurks around while carrying a corpse until if finds a new host wearing some sort of armor then "latches" unto it. That part should probably be described. It was clear from the original description that the switcharoo cannot take place in front of witnesses. So maybe the armorer stalks the party and does its thing at night. It would drop from the corpse of its previous host--relatively close to the party--crawl to the host, touch its armor to hide it and then morph into a duplicate. I'm not sure what happens if the armor is not being worn.

Can the host remove the armorer? I think you can make a case either way. If it can be removed, it could have to wait a long time to feed. If not, it might give itself away too quickly.

The armorer can only be damage by magic weapons. What would be the effect of wearing an armor that cannot be damaged by normal weapon? Would a normal spear pierce it? If not it would also protect the wearer from normal weapon. Or does it just alter its shape to reflect the damage taken? That could be possible, yet if it can do that, would it not be able to dodge magical weapon attacks as well? Maybe it's not really solid and normal weapons go through without traces?

What does badly hurt mean? Lose more than 50% hp? More than that? A low level character can go from barely hurt to dead really quickly.

What does it look like when the armorer turns on the character? Constriction damage? It doesn't sound like it's forcing the host to harm himself. Does it need to maintain the deception to prevent attack from the party if it kills the host?
MitchellsInk

Post by MitchellsInk »

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I posted. Life has been pretty crazy lately. I was wondering if you had an image for the cover of BFFG2? If not, I would be honored if you would consider this image.
Attachments
Basic Fantasy.jpg
Basic Fantasy.jpg (3.57 MiB) Viewed 4022 times
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

MitchellsInk wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:11 am Hey guys! It's been awhile since I posted. Life has been pretty crazy lately. I was wondering if you had an image for the cover of BFFG2? If not, I would be honored if you would consider this image.
I love pictures that tell a story, and yours sure does!
I hate to think of what happened to the rest of the party.
MitchellsInk

Post by MitchellsInk »

I'm glad you like it.
Zoltors Inkwell

Post by Zoltors Inkwell »

MitchellsInk wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:11 am Hey guys! It's been awhile since I posted. Life has been pretty crazy lately. I was wondering if you had an image for the cover of BFFG2? If not, I would be honored if you would consider this image.
Nice. I would be running too.
My personal art page.
https://www.facebook.com/MWByouk
Zoltors Inkwell

Post by Zoltors Inkwell »

Crystalline Egret, Dracomander Frost, and Wind Wolf. Working on Fell Manticore and Cragodile.
Dracomander_Frost_by_MWByouk.png
Dracomander_Frost_by_MWByouk.png (2.25 MiB) Viewed 3929 times
Crystalline_Egret_by_MWByouk.png
Crystalline_Egret_by_MWByouk.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 3929 times
Wind_Wolf_by_MWByouk.png
Wind_Wolf_by_MWByouk.png (4.07 MiB) Viewed 3929 times
My personal art page.
https://www.facebook.com/MWByouk
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Zoltors Inkwell wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:18 pm Crystalline Egret, Dracomander Frost, and Wind Wolf. Working on Fell Manticore and Cragodile.Dracomander_Frost_by_MWByouk.pngCrystalline_Egret_by_MWByouk.pngWind_Wolf_by_MWByouk.png
Love that little (?) Dracomander.

I could've sworn I've seen an illustration of the Fell Manticore... and sure enough there is one in an earlier version I have downloaded (r37). Not sure if there's a reason for redoing that one or if it was an oversight, so just bringing it up.
Seven

Post by Seven »

The author of the original Fell Manticore had a change of heart.
Can't wait to see Zoltors' take on it.