Hexcrawl Procedures Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Huh. It let me do it. I suppose it might be a matter of being the admin, but I don't think so.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
CptClyde

Re: Hexcrawl procedures?

Post by CptClyde »

No worries man.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Looks like you fixed it or did something magical there Solo because all my attachements are now showing. Thank you!

I need to take a short break from re-write/edit phase on this doc so as mentioned before, I have started playing through the procedures from scratch again (solo) and recording my play.
If anyone is interested it can be found here:
BFRPG Hexcrawl Adventures: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... aY0RDyygaA

As promised, there has not been any time put into production value here, just raw footage of one nerd rolling dice alone. If that sounds interesting to you then.... you are almost as sad as the guy in the video. Kidding!

And if anyone could share recordings of their experiences using it I'd LOVE to see that.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Naturally I had to watch the new series. So fun! All of them were great, but I especially like how ep 3 illustrates how some thrown dice become stone and foliage (type, size, location). Very cool.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Yes I as well enjoy seeing the random terrain and dungeons come to life with the simple drop of the dice. Too bad our heroes didn't get to make much use of the terrain features generated as they were being torn apart by lions and fleeing for their lives lol.
That's low level OSR play gold right there!
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

AlMan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:10 pm what do you do with numbers above 5 for Cave features?
Currently nothing is done (other than max die rolls being monsters) and those dice are ignored. It seems like a waste but not every cavern should be full i guess.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Unless there's a reason to expect otherwise, every cave has bats if nothing else. In real life, anyway, I've found that to be true.
Seven

Post by Seven »

True, unless it's a very small open cave. Like a grotto.
From my limited experience, bats like to huddle and typically only occupy one spot in a cave.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

But bats have few predators; in areas where food is plentiful, they can quickly fill all available nesting space.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I seem to be unable to upload here again. Can any admins see a server issue or is there something I've done wrong?