Hexcrawl Procedures Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
CptClyde

Re: Hexcrawl procedures?

Post by CptClyde »

ToddLyon's r9 posted.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

toddlyons wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:48 am You're welcome, CptClyde. I've copied the chat between you and Solo and I'll see what I can do about addressing these bits of the content.
Greatly appreciated Todd.
Would you mind just holding off until tomorrow perhaps? I would like to get these few changes in today/tonight before I forget.
I will add the movement point rules, PC death mechanic and the 2 log forms.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

CptClyde wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:14 am Would you mind just holding off until tomorrow perhaps?
Sure. Maybe slowing down is a good idea, actually. I've done 4 revs in a week and I want to make sure the project doesn't turn in a direction that's away from your original intent -- low-prep, solo-friendly design.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

You're a Saint among men my dear ToddLyons!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

A little formatting advice: Don't use blank lines to push things to the next column or page. First, change the properties of your table so that it is not allowed to be split between columns or pages (if that is your intent). Second, change the paragraph properties of any header you may have added to "keep with next paragraph" so the headers stay with the tables. Also, add 0.10 inches to the bottom of any table that does not have footnotes to separate it from following text.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Admitedly, I'm a clutz at the controls when it comes to using a word processor. I'm not even sure I understand half of what you said. I'll have an upload tonight with my last additions and will see about this "keep with next paragraph" voodoo you speak of. I suspect Mr. Wizard ToddLyons can once again compensate for my shortcomings when he has time.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Don't worry... we'll work it out for you if you don't. Just trying to help out.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Seven

Post by Seven »

This document is anything but crawling.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Posted r10.
The spacing and table are pretty wonkey, I may have made things worse by accident. Not sure <sorry!>.
-I added a paragraph at start explaining what to expect in terms of deadliness of procedures as written.
-Added my rule for XP for PC death (got lost in the shuffle of collecting my notes somehow). This has been a fairly clutch rule for enjoyment in our little game,
-Added the optional Movement Point system

I made 2 (fairly ugly) forms/record-sheets to include at the end of the doc but couldn't figure out how to do that without ruining all the doc's formatting. I will just attach the forms separately for now.
I would also like to make a log form for tracking Dungeon delves as well. I typically log info while hexcrawling and delving and these forms simply prompt for that info for new users. I hope to demonstrate this in some tutorial videos I plan to make on how I run my particular game.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:09 pm Don't worry... we'll work it out for you if you don't. Just trying to help out.
Thank you muchly Solo.