Start of a fictional situation

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
AlMan

Start of a fictional situation

Post by AlMan »

Here is a short piece of fiction that was the result of a nightmare when I was working on the Catspider for Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 3. This is not meant as a module, but if someone wants to use it in a module or in their own fictional story its just a thought I'm throwing out.

---

Somewhere in the Black Underground there is a cave warren where Driders live. There are about 150 caves with neat well maintained webbing around and over the cave mouths. But, there is one cave mouth on a little used path of the warren, where the webbing around the door is frayed and torn and the sheets of webbing over the mouth are torn. If a person gets close enough they can hear the sound of mewling coming from the cave.

Most of the caves in this complex may have a catspider or two as pets. If the cave with the torn webbing is entered there are 107 catspiders of various colors. As driders go past the scary cave there are signs of warding from them and talk of the “crazy catspider lady” that lives in the cave. One of the catspiders is all black and lean. If anyone messes with one of the catspiders the “crazy catspider lady” comes out and yells about “disturbing her precious children”. The drider is wearing a pink fuzzy robe over her human half and has 8 pink fuzzy slippers on her spider feet.
PendragonTX

Re: Start of a fictional situation

Post by PendragonTX »

Deliciously twisted.
Thread Necromacer-at-Large
teaman

Post by teaman »

I used to live next to her when I was in Pittsburgh.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
Seven

Post by Seven »

I haven't seen a drider monster entry.
PendragonTX

Post by PendragonTX »

Working entirely from my phone (trapped in phys-therapy) so I can only sketch, not detail.
Trying to avoid copyright stuff -- horror version of a dark elf + spider version of a centaur. Traditionally result of the course of an angry divinity.
Combine class/race abilities of both elf and spider. This is a very dangerous creature and usually crazy to boot. Overwhelming drive is to get back in the "good" Grace's of the divinity and get changed back.
I have played a halfling fighter in an other er. Of the ancestral game who was cursed by the Demon Queen of Spiders (something about a raid by his level PCs that burned down half her palace). Original elf/spider was changed to halfling/wolf spider by a friendly divinity who owed him a favor.
Thread Necromacer-at-Large