KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Bumblepig

Re: The Blackapple Brugh

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:46 pm I've said this before, Bumble, you're unusual. Most authors aren't that involved after they hand off their manuscripts; we pass the document around, with either Chi or Al making changes (sometimes both) and dropping new revisions into the Projects folder, and then I pull them from there, do a layout pass through the document (and sometimes do some proofing myself) and then post the new set of documents on the website. Sometimes we have a hard time getting answers from the authors about things that need clarification. This is not an indictment of the authors... often they were lucky to have enough time to write the adventure, and our proofing cycle can be very slow, leading some of them to sort of wander off.

But as I say, you're unusual. So here's the deal... I'll add you in to the Projects folder on Dropbox. You'll need a Dropbox account, of course, and you'll need to email me at solomoriah@basicfantasy.org from the email account you registered on Dropbox with (or get that email address to me some other way). Then I add you to the folder, and you can drop updates there for us to process.

The main thing is, if you drop a new revision on us and I post it, you MUST download that version of the new revision before making more changes! Otherwise, our work will be erased when you drop in another revision. I get cross when I have to do the same work over again...
I sent you an email for the dropbox account. Thanks!! I really appreciate you being flexible.
Yes, I'm unusual (as my family likes to remind me :)). Also, if there are things I can do myself so it's one less thing you or the production team has to worry about, I like to do that.
I'll be careful to not hose up versioning. I work in a field where version control is important, so I get it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

You should have a message from Dropbox shortly.

The main thing is, don't take anything out of Projects that you didn't put in there. That's limited to me, Chi, and Al. You put stuff in, we take it out for processing.

What do you do in Real Life (tm) that has you working with version control? I'm assuming either programming or some form of data management. If you don't mind the question, of course.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:21 am You should have a message from Dropbox shortly.

The main thing is, don't take anything out of Projects that you didn't put in there. That's limited to me, Chi, and Al. You put stuff in, we take it out for processing.

What do you do in Real Life (tm) that has you working with version control? I'm assuming either programming or some form of data management. If you don't mind the question, of course.
Got it.
In real life I'm a proposal manager. So I manage the development of large docs with multiple collaborators. It can be stressful, so Basic Fantasy is a great way to blow off creative steam.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Bumblepig wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:05 am
Solomoriah wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:21 am You should have a message from Dropbox shortly.

Got it.
In real life I'm a proposal manager. So I manage the development of large docs with multiple collaborators. It can be stressful, so Basic Fantasy is a great way to blow off creative steam.
Isn't... that ... what your doing... now, Solo, ... for fun?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Managing the development of large docs with multiple collaborators?

When would I ever do that?

:D :D :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Made a few corrections on r13 in Projects.
Also deleted the PDF; Solo generates those when added/updated to Downloads.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

chiisu81 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:31 am Made a few corrections on r13 in Projects.
Got it, thanks.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

chiisu81 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:31 am Made a few corrections on r13 in Projects.
Chi,
FYI I made a single edit to the r13 in projects: added a line in credits for the Cover Art (Vasily Ermolaev).
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

:o :D
Attachments
IknowitwasyouKyleIknow.gif
IknowitwasyouKyleIknow.gif (921.93 KiB) Viewed 3636 times
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

chiisu81 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:06 pm:o :D
It's the main reason I was fired from my position on the Death Star.