New Class: Kennel Master

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Rosisha

Re: New Class: Kennel Master

Post by Rosisha »

That's why he was hunting!
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Added three new skills:

Pack Leader: The Kennel Master trains one dog to be the pack leader. This dog while not being ordered to do anything else can coordinate and attack with other dogs giving each a +1 to hit. Only one dog can be pack leader at a time.

Teamwork: When more than one dog is under the care of a Kennel Master, they can be trained as a team to pull sleds or wagons. The weight of the wagon, when divided across all dogs, cannot exceed 50% of their light encumbrance.

Herding: The dog is trained to growl, bark, howl, and stalk a single target. This is similar to a clerical turning, and use the turning undead table (pg 50 | 54 pdf) for target rolls based on the dog’s hit dice. If successful the target will flee away from the dog. This is always successful on sheep.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Okay here is the final version R4 with all changes made. Is this acceptable for potential deployment to the showcase?
BF Class Supplement - Kennel Master - R4.pdf
(242.14 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
BF Class Supplement - Kennel Master - R4.odt
(766.22 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Materials go in the Showcase if the author puts them there. Solomoriah is the one whom decides if a member gets access to the Showcase.

It seems the file still needs formatting:
-Its lacking the corresponding fonts.
-There are a couple of "empty spaces" between some parragraphs.
-The images needs to be credited (and I'm not sure about having colored images).
-The credit page mentions "fighter subclasses" and "quasi classes" (this may be intended)

It says that the class is limited to 4 dogs based on his level, but he is limited to a max of 10HD. I guess the max amount is based on 4 and his charisma and not his level, surplus HD must be used on existing dogs. This means that a 0 charisma bonus character will loose 2HD if he does not encounter and acquire dogs with more than 1HD.

The part about giving and recovering HD to a from dogs seems weird to me the way its expressed.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Will work on fixing! I'm not sure if you saw comments, but the first is a painting from 1570 called "Boy with a Grayhound" the second is of unknown origin, "A Hunter and Dogs Pursuing a Hare", from about 1430–40, Unknown illuminator. I can remove them of course.

I'm showing the fonts as soutane - isn't that what we are supposed to use? Is there a font I'm missing?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Rosisha wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:44 pm I'm not sure if you saw comments, but the first is a painting from 1570 called "Boy with a Grayhound" the second is of unknown origin, "A Hunter and Dogs Pursuing a Hare", from about 1430–40, Unknown illuminator. I can remove them of course.
Both needs to be credited on the file rather than on a comment.
I'm showing the fonts as soutane - isn't that what we are supposed to use? Is there a font I'm missing?
The pdf does not show them as they should.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Ah gotcha. I've removed them for now. I was actually thinking of drawing my own.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Oh and working on the font issue.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

I think I've fixed the primary issues!
BF Class Supplement - Kennel Master - R5.odt
(31.3 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

On the credit page, at the bottom: "Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game Copyright © 2006-2016 Chris Gonnerman. Fighter Subclasses:"
Remove the "Fighter Sublcasses" and I think you are done.