New Class: Kennel Master

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Rosisha

Re: New Class: Kennel Master

Post by Rosisha »

Okay! I made some changes! Please review and let me know what you think!
BF Class Supplement - Kennel Master - R2.odt
(765.73 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
EDIT: Please note I forgot to upgrade revision number in the document header, but have done so now. Instead of uploading a new version I'll leave this up with this mea culpa! :lol:
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Nice improvement.

The understanding canine behavior part maybe should go before the dogs' skill sets.

Considering the animal's HD... should there be an option to increase it? Maybe after some training time, no more than a couple of HD with this extra HD counting against the HD limit?
This way the character has an option between adding new dogs, replace old ones with more resilient ones or simply make more resilient the one already owned.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Seven

Post by Seven »

I don't know if you're familiar with Actaeon in Greek mythology, he was turned into a stag and killed by his own hounds. By most recounting he had around 25 hounds.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

I was familiar with the Actaeon myth, though I wasn't thinking about it in terms of this particular class! ha! A little warning for Kennel Masters out there - don't go spying on naked goddesses or you'll be in big trouble!

I'm thinking that letting them level their dog would be fine - but it HAS to be against the HD limit. Let me make some changes.
Seven

Post by Seven »

For a Kennel Master, I would expect it's more about quantity than quality.
It's easy enough for any target to be overwhelmed by a large number of dogs trained to attack together.
Either way, it probably helps if the KM has some ways of healing the dogs.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

And changes made!
BF Class Supplement - Kennel Master - R3.odt
(765.65 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Seven wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:05 am For a Kennel Master, I would expect it's more about quantity than quality.
It's easy enough for any target to be overwhelmed by a large number of dogs trained to attack together.
Either way, it probably helps if the KM has some ways of healing the dogs.
Totally agree. I see this as a pack hunter class. You just get to make your own pack. I am thinking of adding a "trick" called "Alpha" which would let one dog coordinate an attack leading to a +1 to hit advantage for all dogs or something.

Additionally I did add healing abilities, but it does require being out of combat. 1d4+WIS Bonus over night. Requires material components (bandages, medicinal herbs, etc).
Seven

Post by Seven »

Sounds good.

Maybe add a risk of going deaf from all that barking. :)
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

What? Speak up I can't hear you!
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Seven wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:34 am I don't know if you're familiar with Actaeon in Greek mythology, he was turned into a stag and killed by his own hounds. By most recounting he had around 25 hounds.
His dog food bill must have been through the roof.