Blood Sorcerer Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
SmootRK

Re: Blood Sorcerer Supplement

Post by SmootRK »

Just so you know, the Fey-Mage was all about doing Sorcerer in a different manner than was previously shared... a manner that made more sense to me. You seem to have "gotten" that part, and you seem to have also "gotten" that I envisioned alternate flavors of this ideas, even though I did not directly delve into each much.

So far I like your ideas about having a base list of spells, and then having the bloodline generate the extra/alt spells. Seems a little more organized than trying to manage each as its own thing, each having an alternate full spell list.

So, yeah. Go on with your development. I feel like it may supersede my Fey-Mage in all the right ways, and I approve. My original Fey-Mage can always remain (in the historical or archival sense), so nothing lost with your development.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
daryen

Post by daryen »

Thank you!

Also, in r0, I screwed up on the author part. I added my name but accidentally deleted your name. This is fixed in r1 (unposted yet). That was a mistake, not intentional.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

1_0pC58WZXkH2X-q2Ruc_Oog.jpeg
1_0pC58WZXkH2X-q2Ruc_Oog.jpeg (99.83 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

lol :lol: very nice
daryen

Post by daryen »

Here's the r1 update. Besides fixing the author part, I finally figured out spells for the Draconic and Elemental Blood Heritages! I did make up some new spells, but hopefully nothing too ridiculous. Most new spells have obvious existing spells as inspirations (whether stated or not) so they should all be grounded in what already exists in the game. In both cases, they are "dragons as a whole" and "elementals as a whole". There is no specialization imposed as I realized there just aren't enough spells available to support that. (Not without having to make way too many new ones.) I think this approach works out pretty well.

Again, note that, despite discussions to the contrary, this revision does not include any spells used from the Druid, Illusionist, Necromancer, or Spellcrafter Supplements. (Yes, all four have spells used in here). Once it looks relatively "finished", I will go back and put all of those spells in, but I want to wait because there are a LOT of them.

And, with the Draconic and Elemental Blood Heritages done, I think I covered the main Blood Heritages I thought would be good.

EDIT: I moved the file to the first post in the thread as recommended.
Last edited by daryen on Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The file's name is Blood Sorcerer, but the class is now Sorcerer, it should be the same in both

A Blood Heritage table would be really helpful, specially if added to a random roll just for those wanting fate to decide their heritage (they are 8 for now, so a d8 fits the bill)

An Aberrant Heritage could be cool for those wanting some eldritch blood
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

OoOoh - Nazgor Bloodline! Green Acid Fireballs, Purple Lightning Bolts, and Spells with Tentacles. Oh Yes
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
daryen

Post by daryen »

I did add the Black Tentacles spell for Necromancer. More use of it is highly encouraged! Also, I literally just added an "fireball but with acid" spell for the Draconic Blood Heritage. This'll give it another use!

I'll work on an aberrant Blood Heritage for sure! I now just have to figure out what the other 22 spells will be. I'll probably raid the updated Necromancer for more of the non-undead portions of their spell portfolio that I added.

As for the name confusion, that was done on purpose. The class is really just "Sorcerer". However, we already *have* a "BF-Sorcerer-Supplement" file out there and I didn't want to conflict with it. So, I made "Blood Sorcerer" the file name so they'd be different. But, the intention is still that the class name simply be Sorcerer. Think of it this way: "Blood Sorcerer" isn't the class name. It is just shorthand for "'Sorcerer' class with Blood Heritages".

Does that help it make more sense?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

For the assassin class I used "Dimirag's Assassin" to differentiate from the other assassin file, you can do that, it will also help in avoiding confusion as the sorcerer is not a like the more classical blood mages
daryen

Post by daryen »

How about this: I stole the whole Blood Heritage thing from Pathfinder, then forced it to work with BFRPG in general and Smoots Fey-Mage in particular. Really, I'd rather just replace Blood Heritage with the word Patherfinder uses: Bloodline. If I can get away with that, I'll just rename the file Bloodline Sorcerer (though the class is still just Sorcerer) and everyone wins!