Necromancer Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Seven

Re: Necromancer Supplement

Post by Seven »

No apology needed. It's not like anyone else caught the typo.

For what it's worth, the older names were simple, like Hold Monster rather than Universal Paralysis.

Good work overall.
daryen

Post by daryen »

New unrelated potential issue: In at least some of the existing spell descriptions, material components are mentioned. I always got the impression that BFRPG intentionally discarded the whole notion of material components. Is that a correct understanding? If it is correct, should I actively review the existing spells and pull any references to material components?

Except for stoneskin/boneskin I have worked to make sure I don't touch any existing spells. But, that seemed to be a pretty big deviation I wanted to ask about. None of the new spells I added have any reference to material components at all. Should I add them? I just want to make sure everything is consistent.
Seven

Post by Seven »

I believe components were introduced in the Advanced version.

Same with casting times.
Although there are various optional rules for casting times in Chainmail, Eldritch Wizardry, Swords & Spells and various issues of Dragon, like #34.
By 3rd edition, spells were back to being cast instantaneously. Or so I'm told.
daryen

Post by daryen »

To be clear, I am only talking about BFRPG rules. The main rulebook has nothing on spell components, so I am thinking it would be best to remove them from the Supplement. But I don't want to do that without an explicit agreement to do so.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Ditch them, ditch them all!!!
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Agreed.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Will do so, then.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I guess I wasn't paying attention. Surprised the necromancer-fan in my group didn't mention them. Components weren't "dropped" in BFRPG; the coverage target edition I based it on didn't have them.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

daryen wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:43 am As a quick correction, I made a typo on the spell in question. The spell should be "Enervation", not "Enveneration". I apologize for the mistake.
Daryen,
I haven't seen a new copy of the supplement so I haven't made any spelling changes. If I started correcting posts in the forum there would be no end to what I have to do already, as well as breaking a long standing personal rule not to edit posts, which I consider rude on many levels, kind of like asking the person on the phone to use proper annunciation when they called me to get their 'puter fixd'. Be sure to get an .odt file and LibreOffice (free download) and make your updates. LibreOffice works much the same as the most popular word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, web building software (sounds familiar). Once you have made your updates, send a copy to Solo (he can provide his own email address), he'll make sure that Chiisu and I are given a copy that we can then whack at with our tools (I prefer my +3 Warhammer of Red Ink). Thank you for looking into these supplements, I think you'll make a great addition to the team.

As for the material components that you mentioned after the above post, get rid of them as you make your editing pass. And be sure to include your self as a contributor. Keep up the good work and thank you for the great ideas.
daryen

Post by daryen »

AlMan,

I have already not only been using LibreOffice, but I have made sure to include the required fonts. I am being very careful to keep everything in line with the standards of BFRPG, though I am sure I made some mistakes in my three parallel efforts (Druid, Illusionist, and Necromancer). I haven't posted anything yet, but I think I'm done with Druid, and I am almost done with Necromancer. So, I'll get those two posted over the next day or so.

By the way, Chiisu said to just post it to a message. Is that not OK? (Since the files were so small.)