AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Post by chiisu81 »

I removed the PDF from the Projects folder (leaving the ODT). I always leave it to Solo to produce the PDF, even if he doesn't have to edit anything in the ODT, esp. for items on the Downloads page.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, I always remake the PDF anyway, since there's almost always something to reflow.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

AlMan wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:43 am Page 27 – Should the image of the Succubus be moved from between Rooms 10 and 11 to Room 19 (Page 29) where it is described?
For me the r33 ODT and r32 PDF the succubus image is indeed on Page 29. Not surprising some layout/image snafus on your LibreOffice, even mine still has that problem more often than I'd like...
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Old Man Grognard reviews this:
https://youtu.be/kRakTNUkYD0
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

My adventures were called 'weird' and I loved it!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

What happened to the wandering monsters? The checkboxes for Kyros (which is where I am now, so may be more) are in four groups of five per line, when there should only be three groups. Wrecked the flow, but it's easy to fix. Wandering monster statblocks have an extra indent, so they can't be given in four blocks and still fit.

Al's note about the succubus picture issue appears to be a flow issue introduced by editing on a different computer (a common issue with LibreOffice, though not as bad as it used to be). It was in the upper right corner of the page numbered 29 when I opened it, which puts it right in the middle of room 19, where it should be. (There's a reason why layout always ends up on my desk... I've learned where and how hard to apply the hammer to fix it...)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, it's obvious we weren't paying attention to Thorin Zuse. There are 19 "regular" male goblins and one shaman listed, which agrees with the introduction, but stats are only given for two females out of 19 described in the intro. I've decided, given that they move around the rooms (as described in the text) to collect them all at the beginning of the adventure text so they can be found and distributed as needed by the GM. Working my way through that now.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Also, the goblin shaman has cantrips. Fine for someone's home game, but not for the published adventure, so I've removed them.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

AA2 Adventure Anthology Two, Release 33 -- August 10, 2020
Even more corrections by Al Vetter, as well as some organizational changes and layout hammering by Chris Gonnerman, has culminated in this new print release candidate.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#aa2

I'm pretty happy with Thorin Zuse now. In fact, I'm thinking strongly I should run it for some newbies.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

So I am running my players through some of the adventures in the Adventure Anthologies two r33 and noticed that on pg100 (The Bear Dungeon) in the boxed text under "Player's Background" that the opening sentence says the following.

"You are a group of wondering adventures trying to
make your way to the south before winter rears its
cold head"

Maybe I am reading it wrong but are they a group of "wondering adventures" or should it say "wandering adventurers"? Not looking to knit pick but caught it when I was posting it in my play by post.