[HA1] Thanksgiving Adventure: Harvest Feast

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: [AA3] Thanksgiving Adventure: Harvest Feast

Post by Solomoriah »

Dustinian wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:21 pm
Solomoriah wrote:Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 amI've taken the liberty of marking this for AA3...
I'm fine with this for now, but I have a secret wish to pull together enough holiday adventures to result in a holiday supplement. Can we leave it with AA3 for now, and see if I'm able to pull enough holiday adventures together to justify a supplement of its own later?
It's your adventure, we'll play it however you want. A holiday adventure series would be cool... are you wanting to write it on your own, or are you interested in contributors?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

EthanL wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 am I just gave this a play through this weekend. I'm pretty new to being GM so bear that in mind. My group only had two PCs so I halved all the NPC numbers and that seemed to scale pretty well and whole thing took a couple hours, so that was enough to satisfy the players for an impromptu evening game. Fun stuff! Thanks!

The funniest part about the campaign was that I told the players what it was called and they immediately thought there was going to be cannibalism involved so they went around town asking leading questions like "oh, and who, I mean WHAT is for dinner exactly??" and then it was even more mysterious for them when everything turned out to be perfectly normal.
EthanL, welcome to the BFRPG Forums I hope you and your players continue to enjoy this game as much as the many members of the forum do.

Since your group played this already would you and your players mind if we listed all of you as Play Testers? If you are OK with it just reply or PM with the name you would like for the Play Testing line of the first page. Get your players permission and send us the names they would like to use and I'll make sure to include them too.
Dustinian wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:21 pm
Solomoriah wrote:Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 amI've taken the liberty of marking this for AA3...
I'm fine with this for now, but I have a secret wish to pull together enough holiday adventures to result in a holiday supplement. Can we leave it with AA3 for now, and see if I'm able to pull enough holiday adventures together to justify a supplement of its own later?
Dustinian, are you looking at doing just Thanksgiving/Xmas adventures or are you looking for some other holidays too? i.e. St. Patrick's Day (leprechauns), Arbor Day (dryads), Memorial Day/Veteran's Day (zombies/skeletons or other undead lost in battle) or Halloween (Deriders/Catspiders or Flesh Golems or Vampires). If you don't mind I'll try to think something up.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've seen so many bad Christmas adventures. I'd like to see a winter-themed adventure that starts with a village winter festival (solstice, Yule, whatever) with some vaguely historical rituals and a rousing feast. Throw in a nice assortment of cold-oriented monsters, maybe with an evil wizard or priest to lead them, and shake well. Serves 3 to 6 characters.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dustinian

Post by Dustinian »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:23 pmA holiday adventure series would be cool... are you wanting to write it on your own, or are you interested in contributors?
Very interested in contributors!

AlMan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:48 amDustinian, are you looking at doing just Thanksgiving/Xmas adventures or are you looking for some other holidays too? i.e. St. Patrick's Day (leprechauns), Arbor Day (dryads), Memorial Day/Veteran's Day (zombies/skeletons or other undead lost in battle) or Halloween (Deriders/Catspiders or Flesh Golems or Vampires). If you don't mind I'll try to think something up.
Any and all holidays! I don't mind at all; I'd love it! Some of your ideas (dryads for Arbor day, for instance) I hadn't thought of at all!

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:08 amI've seen so many bad Christmas adventures. I'd like to see a winter-themed adventure that starts with a village winter festival (solstice, Yule, whatever) with some vaguely historical rituals and a rousing feast. Throw in a nice assortment of cold-oriented monsters, maybe with an evil wizard or priest to lead them, and shake well. Serves 3 to 6 characters.
I, uh, actually am working on a Christmas adventure. It's Krampus-based. I hope to have it posted by next weekend... And I've also thought through adventures based on beloved Christmas carols:
  • Deck the Halls: Efforts to decorate a Hall with holly berries and pine boughs for a midwinter feast accidentally awaken a banshee sacrificed at a similar feast 100 years ago...
  • Grandmother's House: Adventurers hired to travel over the river and through the woods when the Baron's Grandmother's horse (who knows the way) turns up by itself in town...
  • Frosty the Snowman: A traveling salesman of magical items accidentally unleashes an ice golem on an unsuspecting town...
  • Rudolph: Rudolph the Red returns to the town where the adventurers are staying to lay siege to it with his "misfit" friends in revenge for the bullying he suffered at their hands...
Note: I have not written any of the above adventures (except the Krampus-based one, I'm about halfway through that), so if anyone wants to run with them before I get to them, feel free. There's no way I'm getting anything but the Krampus one done before THIS Christmas.
Dustinian
EthanL

Post by EthanL »

AlMan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:48 am
EthanL, welcome to the BFRPG Forums I hope you and your players continue to enjoy this game as much as the many members of the forum do.

Since your group played this already would you and your players mind if we listed all of you as Play Testers? If you are OK with it just reply or PM with the name you would like for the Play Testing line of the first page. Get your players permission and send us the names they would like to use and I'll make sure to include them too.

Hi, that would be great. You can just use EthanL for myself and I only have permission from one player who goes by Soulserenity20. Thanks!
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Did another editing pass on R4 and added EthanL and Soulserenity20 as Playtesters. Here it is as R5.
edit: r5 uploaded to first post
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Added r5 to first post.
Dustinian

Re: [HA1] Thanksgiving Adventure: Harvest Feast

Post by Dustinian »

I've re-tagged this post for HA1, the Holiday Adventure supplement I'm working to pull together. I'm working on a Valentine's adventure to accompany this one and the Christmas adventure, but, sadly, I won't have the Valentine's adventure ready before Friday...
Dustinian
chickeneater456

Re: [HA1] Thanksgiving Adventure: Harvest Feast

Post by chickeneater456 »

Holiday greetings traveler and well met,

As I prepare for the consumption of mass quantities in about a week's time and the respite in my slumber chamber thereafter, I'm wondering if there has been any movement on this HA1 that you mentioned earlier this year, please?

I'd very much like to find a copy and start its immediate perusal in order to run some family and friends through the Thanksgiving version of some nightmarish adventure including giant saber-toothed turkeys or whipped cream-spewing, pumpkin pie-scented fiends from the Realm of Cornucopia.

Furthermore, my daughter would flip at the chance to battle Krampus in an Xmas-related adventure. We're all about old German folklore at our house and this would be a great way to share our love of all things Bavarian with our RPG friends, too.

Thanks!
Seven

Post by Seven »

chiisu81 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:37 am Added r5 to first post.
I don't see it. Am I blind? I see a link to a google doc and some pdf files.